DRZ 400 how low can you get them?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Harty

Re: DRZ 400 how low can you get them?

Post by Harty »

smithy641 wrote:Cheers Harty. Same question to you please, which bike did you prefer? Please.
Jim
For me the TTR was bloody brilliant, easy to repair, easy to ride off road, had the 6th gear for road work, so could cruise at 65 - 70 mph, bullet proof, cheap parts. problem for me being a fat fooker I needed more oompf, so tried a DRZ-E and just didn't get on with it.
.....eat my dirt!
smithy641

Post by smithy641 »

Harty wrote:
smithy641 wrote:Cheers Harty. Same question to you please, which bike did you prefer? Please.
Jim
For me the TTR was bloody brilliant, easy to repair, easy to ride off road, had the 6th gear for road work, so could cruise at 65 - 70 mph, bullet proof, cheap parts. problem for me being a fat fooker I needed more oompf, so tried a DRZ-E and just didn't get on with it.
Fat but honest, love it. Thanks for your opinions Harty, good starting points, as I am a little skinny thing the TTR should be fine then.
Jim
Schoe000

Post by Schoe000 »

It also depends on your riding style. I have done 3000 miles on the ttr250 including a 10 day camping trip, loaded, following the river Ebro in Spain. No problems at all.
Drz is quicker but slightly heavier, with technical lanes there is not much difference, both will take you anywhere. For green laning I prefer the TTR250.
HUDDERS

Post by HUDDERS »

Being a short arse, just get the seat cut down on the DRZ. I put lowering links on but you loose suspension travel, so went back to standard.

Im 5'5 and its not a problem
Kendo

Post by Kendo »

I have a DRZ 400 in Stratford and you are welcome to sit on it. Ride it, Take it down some lanes whatever. I have a standard seat and a 'cut down' seat which makes a difference. I am also 5'8" with a 31" inside leg and weigh about 11.5 stone and i can touch the floor on the standard seat no problem.

PM me if you want to have a go.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

As an alternative to getting the seat cut down you could fit a seat from a DRZ-SM. My mate is 5'5'' and he gets on fine with this mod.
one-legged adventurer
mbish

Post by mbish »

im selling my DRZe if your interested
Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader »

mbish wrote:im selling my DRZe if your interested
Have you got any more details,pics and info on your bike?
I dont need a MP3 player on my bike.The voices in my head sing to me all the time
mbish

Post by mbish »

yes but i cannot post them as i an a new member if you ping over an email i will send you some mine is [email protected] it is the bike in my avatar

mark
Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader »

mbish wrote:yes but i cannot post them as i an a new member if you ping over an email i will send you some mine is [email protected] it is the bike in my avatar

mark
Email send
I dont need a MP3 player on my bike.The voices in my head sing to me all the time

Return to “TECHNICAL”