800 triumph test ride!!!

The Things We Ride
murfeey

Re: 800 triumph test ride!!!

Post by murfeey »

have to add I picked my one up yesterday,have done a total of 11 miles!!!!!!,xc version in black,will post some pics up,bugbear price of accesories,they were cheaper before xmas!!!!!,anyway cant stop grinning .Going to have a proper run out thursday(next day out!!!).

cheers murf.
doctorzippy

Post by doctorzippy »

CRAIGREVO wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:Best write up i've read so far, truly informed. Good un mate. :)
+1 great write up! I want to test one now! How hard is it to get back out the door after the test ride? Or did you just chuck the keys back and say "I don't like it" ?
Not difficult at all. The guys at Youles were great. Peter, the sales guy, would obviously like me to have bought one, but I explained my position and told him exactly what I thought of the bike. Bottom-line is, IF I was going to buy a new bike, I'd consider a Triumph (fancy a Street Triple to add to my collection :whistle: ) and I'd not hesitate to buy from them. And I'd recommend them to anyone else, too. Which has to be worth the half-tank of fuel it cost them to let me take their bike for a spin! B)
Life is a journey, not a destination
africajim

Post by africajim »

+2 great write up. That's the sort of info I'm looking for, if the bike puts a grin on my face I may just buy one!

The sound from a Triumph triple is to die for, when it goes over 8000 rpm the howl is outstanding. I'm looking for an all round bike to replace my beloved Africa twin, this may well be it!
Honda, the power of dreams.
OB1

Re: Another Triumph 800XC test ride...

Post by OB1 »

doctorzippy wrote:Then there's the looks. I don't like the XC's headlamp. It's an ugly thing, and whilst the GS is no beauty, it is, IMHO, stylish.
BMW... stylish? LOL! :P

Joking aside, excellent and unbiased write-up. I took the XC out for a ride last weekend (after riding the Tiger 800 and the F800 GS before Christmas for comparison) and will agree with you on most of what you have said - the only difference is that I collect mine at the beginning of March! :lol:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “BIKES”