Carmarthenshire 'The West End Cafe' Llandovery

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.

Carmarthenshire 'The West End Cafe' Llandovery

Post by Guest »

I would like to mention my favourite bike meet,namely the West End Cafe,Broad St Llandovery,Carmarthenshire,
One of the best bike meets in Wales,alongside the main A40 trunk road,heading west from Brecon,its on the right hand side,just before you go out of the town(just past the Castle hotel on the left),or of course coming from Carmarthen,go over the railway crossing,carry on for 300 yards or so,and its just around the L/H corner,you cant miss all the bikes outside,
Sundays are the main day,saturdays busy too,and various weekdays and evenings spring,summer,autumn,
Theres a good selection of bikes(and riders)there,used to be a lot of sports bikes,but a healthy mix of adventure bikes,tourers,cruisers etc,
Lots of great biking roads nearby,the scenic road around Llynbrianne reservoirs,the A4069 'Black mountains'route,as used by various bike mags for photoshoots etc,stunning views,but big drops and large boulders should you get it wrong,best ridden at a 'sensible' pace,get a good map and enjoy the best biking roads in Wales,i used to live just 30 miles from the cafe,i moved to North Wales 18 months ago and still travel down every sunday,(250 mile round trip) when not raining as i get so much enjoyment from meeting the many friends i have made over the 15 years i have been going there,if your on your own and dont know anyone,im usually sat outside,wearing a black 'Moto Guzzi' T shirt and Guzzi club GB cap,feel free to come and have a chat
Treadtrader

Re:Carmarthenshire 'The West End Cafe' Llandovery

Post by Treadtrader »

Sounds like a nice ride out for me, any chance of a postcode?
Contact email [email protected] or pm.

Post by Guest »

Hi Treadtrader,
Yep,no probs postcode is SA20 0AR
herman

Post by herman »

I'll vouch for that one, used it whilst laning earlier this year.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
herman

Post by herman »

Hopefully we will be making a return visit on Monday 11th on the way back from the Hafren Rally.
herman

Post by herman »

As good an all day breakfast as me mum used to make. :) Surprising number of bikes out and about on a Monday morning too. I think I worried my mates by making approving noises next to a brand new Suzuki intruder thingy. :evil:

Post by Guest »

Hi Herman

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast at the cafe,trust you had lots of fun trail riding too,some excellent trails around that area,enjoy
scrambled eggs

Post by scrambled eggs »

West end cafe is a regular stop for me , either on the road bike or the off road bike loads , of great roads or trails nearby suaitable for small enduro bike or biger trail bikes like my 990 job done ticks all the boxes B)

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”