North Cape Norway

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
david

Re: North Cape Norway

Post by david »

I may be able to make it 12 days, I will have just returned from 3 wks in France with my2 children. I have a 2 wk window while they go away with their Mum. Your rite and linking Ferrys together I can cut some millage down, need a good class of Wine and a Map to draw up a plan. Got to also get bike ready for the Stella next month. So much fun to have and Im still told I work too hard. I just feel so energetic :woohoo:

My fear is I quoted for a Job at a really high rate, sods law I get the work.
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

david is a machine on the bike. London to ullapool non stop :woohoo:
_Dylan_

Post by _Dylan_ »

I went to Norcapp which, as someone else has said it an expensive rip-off (it's on an island, accessible by tunnel - £7.50 toll each way. You pay to get into the visitor's centre - about £20 I think. Two coffees and 2 muffins came in at £13)

That being said, Norway is breathtakingly beautiful and I'd go back any time. There are lots of tunnels including one which was, I think, over 20 km long which was a surreal experience. See the Lofoten Islands too - stunning.

Make sure your bike is up to scratch before you get there. I met an English guy on a Fireblade who had to replace his rear tyre while he was there. It cost him about £300. I went through a set of TKCs going from Dorset to Newcastle, then Bergen to Nordcapp and back. Their roads are reputedly tougher and rougher than ours to withstand the low temperatures and so tyres wear quicker.
moto al

Post by moto al »

kiruna_517391361.jpg
kiruna_517391361.jpg (54.36 KiB) Viewed 577 times
what ever you do on the way north dont stay in the town of kiruna.its a shit hole
650269_021.jpg
650269_021.jpg (33.38 KiB) Viewed 577 times
moto al
david

Post by david »

what ever you do on the way north dont stay in the town of kiruna.its a shit hole :ohmy:

Now thats proper information ;)

Thank you guys
david

Post by david »

Hi putting together my plan, got a extra 2 days and dropped millage down to 4500. So thinking Calais to Denmark. Ferry to Norway, Pulpit Rock (Which is the driving force as I want to see it). Then Telamark and North to pick up Rv17 Coast road, avoiding kiruna on too North Cape. Return via Finland, Helsinki ferry to Tallinn and 1500 miles to Calais.
Got a spare day on my plan north to make up any delays i.e. Ferrys on Rv17 Im hoping I wont have to wait to long due to summer traffic. Will wildcamp as often as possible as its a wild country and will add to the experience. Hotel in Talinn, I'll be off the late ferry and worn out. Shower and a beer in a Blues Bar, a walk around in the morning and then hit the road. Riga, Berlin, Calais and Home in 3 days.
Thank You for emails and web sites its been great fun putting it together, Could spend a Month doing this trip and still miss plenty.
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

B) Sounds brilliant, will you post your route? :)
david

Post by david »

Head of IT is home from School and has told me to stop trying to feed the PC maps :silly:

I don't know how too :unsure: , but I'll do a report when I return with photos buy Trueprint :dry:
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

david wrote:Head of IT is home from School and has told me to stop trying to feed the PC maps :silly:

I don't know how too :unsure: , but I'll do a report when I return with photos buy Trueprint :dry:
:laugh: Good Luck with that :whistle:
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

seeing you dont like satnavs keep an eye out for landmark/ historic signs. they are worth a detour when you have the time, they four circles joined by a central square

names ending in Voss / vossen are waterfalls, do a bit of research on Stave churches on route, not a church type person myself but the construction is amazing and some are huge.
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Return to “TRAVEL”