ABR Nature Rally 2011 - Introduction

James691

Re: ABR Nature Rally 2011 - Introduction

Post by James691 »

mark1150 wrote:I see what your saying James, and on reflection agree.
By the way I must have missed the anouncement in which you've turnred away from normal bike gear in favour of a PARKA!
Well done on becoming a Mod mate.
Cheers Mark,

It's the first year :) see how it runs, riders get to know eachother and through the year riders can talk about what they feel can improved upon at ABR meets and ABR rallies.

Thanks about the parka :lol: I'm just mod on the Nature Rally section.
Dancing in the moonlight
Lee

Post by Lee »

I think it's great to raise some charity money Mark, just get someone to sponsor you £1 per location visited – chuck the lot through gift-aid and they'll even get the chancellors share too.

I'm going to do this and giving to my companies nominated charity – Riders For Health, Hoping as it's bike related the company might dip into their pockets a little too.

Whilst it would be nice for there to be an overall charity for the event, I'm sure any groups that receive donations after this rally will be hugely grateful.
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
mel_ksham

Re: Adventure Bike Rider Natural UK Rally

Post by mel_ksham »

Great idea, I look forward to going north of Watford. LOL, a journey rarely ventured by us Southerners
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Trust me to live in the place that is probably the furthest from all of the National Parks: Suffolk! :(

The new Tiger 800 XC is gonna have a few miles on it this year! :woohoo:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
James691

Post by James691 »

OB1 wrote:Trust me to live in the place that is probably the furthest from all of the National Parks: Suffolk! :(
I'd of said that was a reason to smile! :) More distance = more miles to play on
Dancing in the moonlight
OB1

Post by OB1 »

James691 wrote:
OB1 wrote:Trust me to live in the place that is probably the furthest from all of the National Parks: Suffolk! :(
I'd of said that was a reason to smile! :) More distance = more miles to play on
Good point, but I only have 17 leave each year and I'm planning 2 weeks in France and 2 weeks in Portugal this year... so I'm already 3 days down on my allocation! :S

I'll have to have a sicky or two just after a bank holiday... :sick:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
doctorzippy

Post by doctorzippy »

OB1 wrote:
James691 wrote:
Good point, but I only have 17 leave each year and I'm planning 2 weeks in France and 2 weeks in Portugal this year... so I'm already 3 days down on my allocation! :S

I'll have to have a sicky or two just after a bank holiday... :sick:
Or do a really long day riding there and back and apply for membership of the Iron Butt Association :lol: :pinch: :sick: :lol:
Life is a journey, not a destination
James691

Post by James691 »

I was about to suggest that! LOL
Dancing in the moonlight
Lee

Post by Lee »

Before I announce my devious plan, may I pose a question

Would it still be considered an end-to-end run if I do the bit from Taunton to Lands End and back (350ish miles) one weekend before the rest of the trip to John O-Groats and back?

I'm being relatively serious here, as I'm planning to raise money on the trip and I'm claiming it's all one trip (but I'm running out of days holiday I can throw at it and knocking off the southwest bit a week earlier will save me a couple of days)
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
James691

Post by James691 »

Lee wrote:Before I announce my devious plan, may I pose a question

Would it still be considered an end-to-end run if I do the bit from Taunton to Lands End and back (350ish miles) one weekend before the rest of the trip to John O-Groats and back?

I'm being relatively serious here, as I'm planning to raise money on the trip and I'm claiming it's all one trip (but I'm running out of days holiday I can throw at it and knocking off the southwest bit a week earlier will save me a couple of days)
On a serious side from the UK IBA then no mate, you need to start at either lands end or JOG. You start with the witness form and your mileage, then a time and dated reciept from a petrol pump or a drink at the hotel. Then you head off on your merry way to the end. Have your end witness form signed and a reciept with time and date at the end in the hotel bar, I tend to get a coffee!

Here are the offical End 2 End rules of the IBA END 2 END RULES

For an E2E to be recognised by the IBA it must be within 24 hours
Dancing in the moonlight

Return to “ABR NATURE RALLY 2011”