North Cape Norway

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
boatman

Re: North Cape Norway

Post by boatman »

not as odd as you might think, my adventure biking bud is also on a v strom 1000 and if the timescale works for him its on the radar for next year.
Gripper1974

Post by Gripper1974 »

Nice to know I'm not as odd as my wife says I am :silly: :blink: :woohoo:
boatman

Post by boatman »

Tell yer wifie we are all a LONG time dead n we NEED to do some stuff ootside of work before someone screws the lid down :)
Gripper1974

Post by Gripper1974 »

Well said that man :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: But will tell er, because she scares the sh*t out of me :whistle: :whistle:
boatman

Post by boatman »

As per your name ye will chust need to get a grip (like the rest of us in a carefull diplomatic way HA)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Have a look at these sites
nmcu.org
www.turistveg.no-en
www.svmc.se
www.nasjonaleturistveger.no
cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

A very strict but amazing country...well worth the visit
Wild camping is free and allowed as long as your far enough away from any dwelling. Petrol is available everywhere but many of the petrol stations are unmanned and you need a credit card.
Restaurant or take away food is expensive but some big supermarkets have a hot deli counter, free customer coffee and quick meals to finish yourself at camp site or wherever you choose to camp. When I went I made NorthCape in 3 days from Germany via Danemark Sweden Finland and the top of Norway but I saw nothing of the country just hours and hours of dual carriageway, 1000km per day, that allowed 11 days for the return along the coast roads and fjords....not long enough but anything shorter is not fun. The NorthCape is a tourist trap but a trap you should, see it's not worth second visit if you do get that far then a return through the Lafoten Island should be high on your list of where to go, possibly the Narvic areas if your into WW2 history, the Tirpitz has its resting area near Tromso...http://www.bismarck-class.dk/tirpitz/mi ... d_now.html
and with Dambusters run just finished would a fitting tribute with someone from ABR paying respects to another Dambuster target, albeit with the tallboy bombs.

Check your satnav for POI regularly as there are so many

above enjoy
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

david

Post by david »

Thanks everyone, ironic that due to the fun and games in Stratford that I have little work if at all this summer.
I'll spend next few days puting together a plan, over a map or 2. I don't do satnav, even in my truck, I love maps :ohmy: Did I really say that :)

Did enjoy Germany (Dambusters Tour), forgot how great a country it is.
Willy_Eckerslike

Post by Willy_Eckerslike »

550 miles a day, every day, for 10 days :ohmy: . My advice would be to do what it takes and find yourself a bit more time. Sure, it can be done but why go all that way just to set such a punishing schedule. The big attraction up there is the remoteness and natural beauty, why not give yourself a bit of time to take it all in?
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper
moto al

Post by moto al »

on the way south we came across this place>
143hell341.jpg
143hell341.jpg (18.01 KiB) Viewed 673 times
moto al

Return to “TRAVEL”