North Cape Norway

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
david

North Cape Norway

Post by david »

Thinking of ticking North Cape off the to do list this Summer. Anyone been? So far just got a map out, looked at Ferry prices and the Harwich to Esbjerg Is about a £1000 rtn. So its Calais to Northcape via Pulpit and the Coast up and run back down through the middle. Got about 10 days to do 5500miles, got a transalp so not a problem, camping as its fun and Im skint.
So any ideas of routes, what to see and advice please folks :)
Gripper1974

Re: North Cape Norway

Post by Gripper1974 »

I can't offer any advice :unsure: but good luck to you mate, I hope you enjoy your trip ;)
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Good luck. 5500 in 10 days, glad you're not on a KTM seat :woohoo:
Seriously, have fun. Norway , along with Iceland and Faroe's is top of my 'big trip'
Hope this is on the way for you, it looks stunning.

http://www.visitnorway.com/en/Where-to- ... tain-road/
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
david

Post by david »

Great can pencil that in after coming up the coast from Pulpit Rock, which started this idea off after reading about it in the Paper.

Now thinking uo coast and down through the middle. Im alright on my seat for 350 a day after day riding.
BIG DON

Post by BIG DON »

B)

Have a healthy credit card and plenty dosh,[you will need it] do not speed,headlights on, and never never drink and drive which you should not do anyway.[just useful points]
Service bike thoroughly before you go and check you have every thing you need and GO,
enjoy it its brilliant.

BIG D
boatman

Post by boatman »

If for some reason you have to put this of till next year give me a shout as i have about exactly the same plan (also going to use me transalp) would do it this summer but i am off to bike in the states san fran 2 alaska n back s the plan ,off on tues next week so i want to do it next year camping etc for cheapness ,hoped to be at the top for the summer solstice
moto al

Post by moto al »

norway is a thin and long country.have a look at a map measure the top of the country to the most southern part. and then turn it on its head and see which country you get ??? its a long long way.cheers al
europe_pol_20041.jpg
europe_pol_20041.jpg (122.29 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
moto al
Gripper1974

Post by Gripper1974 »

Just spent the last hour telling my Mrs how I need to do this trip :blush: , so with that in mind, I'm with Boatman. If you have to postpone until next year, give me a shout and I will raid the piggy bank and pack up the panniers :woohoo: I will be the odd one out though because I will be on a Vstrom 1000 :whistle:
Paul

Post by Paul »

Norway is on my bucket list, I have a book called the "Arctic Highway" it's a really good guide and lists places of interest, fuel stations and campsites etc,
I would however be a little worried about the miles and timescale you have planned. Don't get me wrong I hope you have a great time but!
A couple of years back I planned a trip that covered 6000 miles in 14 days, it was a charity run.
If I am being honest I had long days in the saddle and didn't see or experience much. I slept rough most nights as my schedule dictated that it was between 8 and 10pm when I stopped. I lost two stones in weight which was a good thing and slept for a couple of days when I got home.
I wouldn't do it again,.My advice, if you are limited to ten days don't worry about seeing everything, kick back and enjoy, don't be a slave to the schedule :)

All the best :) B) :side:
moto al

Post by moto al »

moto al wrote:norway is a thin and long country.have a look at a map measure the top of the country to the most southern part. and then turn it on its head and see which country you get ??? its a long long way.cheers al
europe_pol_20041.jpg
hi iv been in that part of world a few times.a great place to go 24 hrs daylight,bril,the down side the mossies,the weather, prices,hardly any pubs,and dont speed one of my mates 10km over limit £125 fine,and got breath tested 3 times.a great place to visit al
moto al

Return to “TRAVEL”