Prometheus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
cozmo1589

Re: Prometheus

Post by cozmo1589 »

cozmo1589 wrote:Well its in my diary as i work in the outdoor event industry and happen to be working on the Red Carpet Premier for this film!! Its being held at the Odeon Cinema Leicester Square on Thurs 31st May. All kicks off around 5pm so if you're about, pop on down, should be usual Leicester Square Party Atmosphere (weather permitting) :-)
Yawnnnn! Just got in at 6am after working on the Prothemus Premier in Leicester Square London, it was manic day building the event but twas worth it in the end. Hoping to se it very soon ;)
premier31.5.2012.jpg
premier31.5.2012.jpg (74.76 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
Willy_Eckerslike

Post by Willy_Eckerslike »

Absolutely brilliant. Lives up to it's predecessor but stands up as a great film in it's own right. Not going to say any more until you lot have seen it. I give it five stasis pods out of five.
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper
claw

Post by claw »

I thought it was great as well.

Not often i'd want to see a film twice at the cinema usually once then get the blu ray/dvd, but i'm tempted to go and see it again.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaim: "Wow, what a ride".
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Yes it was rather good wasn't it? :evil:

Won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet... just go see it :silly:
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
davsato

Post by davsato »

Freeloadeur wrote: ........Glad of that, I often think the problem with sci-fi prequels made 20 years after the originals is that the technology often looks more modern than the original, because of all the advances in CGI. Seemed that way to me with the prequels to Star Wars, and from the trailer this looks like it suffers from the same problem.......
but is CGI any better? those utterly crap joke robot army soldiers and the twat jarjar binks ruined the prequel films. sometimes they go too far, i think, a- because they can, and b- they think they have to use 100% of what theyve got, when sometimes less is more.

i may take my nipper to see prometheus on orange wednesday when its BOGOF, does anyone else cringe at the price of cinemas these days?
Dave
Willy_Eckerslike

claw wrote:I thought it was great as well.

Not often i'd want to see a film twice at the cinema usually once then get the blu ray/dvd, but i'm tempted to go and see it again.
Did you watch it in 2 or 3D?
Sparkton

Post by Sparkton »

I saw this today and thought it was amazing!!

I am a big fan of the "original" Alien, so was looking forward to this (nobody likes to call it) prequel.

Without giving anything away, it is definitely linked to the original storyline and i think it was directed with the same type of tense atmosphere.

Sadly though, I also think it was a little rushed, i can't imagine an expedition of two years in cryo and half a billion miles in distance, the crew have to go exploring the minute they set down on the planet? (not so in Alien).

Also, what are the chances of entering the atmosphere of the planet to find the alien site within three minutes??? Mmmmm?

Sorry, sounding like a geek now!!!
Willy_Eckerslike

How about giving everyone a chance to see it before posting details.
Sparkton

Post by Sparkton »

"How about giving everyone a chance to see it before posting details."

Sorry!! I was only trying to open a discussion about the movie!

I don't think i have given away any secrets or the plot of the movie???

There is much more detail in my local newspaper tonight as I'm sure there is nationwide.

Bloody hell, I'm off!
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

davsato wrote:
Freeloadeur wrote: ........Glad of that, I often think the problem with sci-fi prequels made 20 years after the originals is that the technology often looks more modern than the original, because of all the advances in CGI. Seemed that way to me with the prequels to Star Wars, and from the trailer this looks like it suffers from the same problem.......
but is CGI any better? those utterly crap joke robot army soldiers and the twat jarjar binks ruined the prequel films. sometimes they go too far, i think, a- because they can, and b- they think they have to use 100% of what theyve got, when sometimes less is more.
No, often I don't think it is, like you I think it's often a case of impress with the CGI not with the plot.
Happiness has 125cc ...

Return to “THE PUB”