Re: Prometheus

Post by stewmarsh »

Tickets booked IMAX London on the 9th
Counting down the days can't wait
Stewmarsh
cozmo1589

Post by cozmo1589 »

Well its in my diary as i work in the outdoor event industry and happen to be working on the Red Carpet Premier for this film!! Its being held at the Odeon Cinema Leicester Square on Thurs 31st May. All kicks off around 5pm so if you're about, pop on down, should be usual Leicester Square Party Atmosphere (weather permitting) :-)
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Booked our tickets last week for the 1st June (tomorrow).
3D glasses at the ready B)
11:30 am .... :whistle:
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Booked for Saturday can't wait
Phil

Post by Phil »

booked for Sunday, really excitied :woohoo:

Gonna make the mrs watch Alien now before we go (shes never seen it :angry: )
appleby

Post by appleby »

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/prometheus-review.html

Big names, amazing effects, no story ...... sums up Hollywood now!
claw

Post by claw »

Will be watching it in about 10hrs time :)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaim: "Wow, what a ride".
Still Gotta Pulse

Post by Still Gotta Pulse »

I was listening to a radio interview with R.Scott the other day and the man himself declared this film has nothing whatsoever to do with Alien but if people want to think it has then that's fine with him! :lol:
Phil

Post by Phil »

Still Gotta Pulse wrote:I was listening to a radio interview with R.Scott the other day and the man himself declared this film has nothing whatsoever to do with Alien but if people want to think it has then that's fine with him! :lol:
you mean SIR Ridley scott :cheer:

He's been saying this all along. There is a def link to Alien though as in the trailer for Prometheus you clearly see a space jockey & Weyland Industries. Both in the Alien films.
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Still Gotta Pulse wrote:I was listening to a radio interview with R.Scott the other day and the man himself declared this film has nothing whatsoever to do with Alien but if people want to think it has then that's fine with him! :lol:
Glad of that, I often think the problem with sci-fi prequels made 20 years after the originals is that the technology often looks more modern than the original, because of all the advances in CGI. Seemed that way to me with the prequels to Star Wars, and from the trailer this looks like it suffers from the same problem.

Still want to see it though, but maybe this time I'll remember to wear both contact lenses for 3D, I couldn't work out what all the fuss was about the first time I went to a 3D film and only remembered I'd popped a lens out just before going in to the cinema as my hay-fever had been playing up.
Happiness has 125cc ...

Return to “THE PUB”