Documents for Spain....

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
timcat1069

Documents for Spain....

Post by timcat1069 »

I know this has probably been covered lots of times but... There are conflicting reports of whats needed, from two warning triangles to god know what else!!!
Can anyone shed any light on what is law in Spain with regard to what's needed when touring on a bike please........
johnzxr750

Re: Documents for Spain....

Post by johnzxr750 »

dont know exact legal for a bike but a flourescent jacket/waistcoat/top a bulb set and 1 triangle i had to have in car
cheers j
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi tim..
we've been dicussinng it on the hiss thread last few pages...
spare bulbs and headlight all time
v5 docs and insurance ''''originals
hi viz advisable but no true definition so pack one.
left mirror
no speed camera active or headphones in helmit. Linked by wires..auto coms okay.

Dont hink warning triangles are required for bikes just cars as bikes are smaller and can be pushed off roads...

most other stuff ie speeds ertc same as cars..AA web site has loads of stuff
Ed T

Post by Ed T »

Hello,

From my own experience as biker and spanish I can tell you that I've never been asked for spare bulbs or high viz or warning triangles.

Documents from you and your bike must be originals, and it's compulsory to have a valid traffic insurance and MoT.

Normally cops don't pay much attention to foreign bikers if they behave normally.

Common speeds limits are 120 on motorways, 90 on two lane roads and 50 on streets.
Only a biker knows why the dogs stick their heads outside the window

http://losviajesdeed.wordpress.com
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Ed T wrote:Hello,

From my own experience as biker and spanish I can tell you that I've never been asked for spare bulbs or high viz or warning triangles.

Documents from you and your bike must be originals, and it's compulsory to have a valid traffic insurance and MoT.

Normally cops don't pay much attention to foreign bikers if they behave normally.

Common speeds limits are 120 on motorways, 90 on two lane roads and 50 on streets.
Agreed. I don´t carry spare bulbs or hi-viz and never had a problem on UK or Spanish plates. Documents, yes, very important.
Pat
Fern

Post by Fern »

'Common speeds limits are 120 on motorways, 90 on two lane roads and 50 on streets.'

If only that was MPH not KPH!
claw

Post by claw »

I've always found Spain biker friendly, i have never carried spare bulbs.
But i carry Hi Vis for my own safety if the weather is shit, and bought a few years ago a warning triangle cover that goes over my helmet from hein gericke. Didn't specifically buy it as a Euro safety item but would come in handy if needed, and its a good helmet cover anyway.

I have a Cardo G4 fitted in my helmet which works on bluetooth and before that Autocom, i don't think the Police across there would be bothered about whats connected to your helmet.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaim: "Wow, what a ride".
timcat1069

Post by timcat1069 »

Cheers to all that replied, ferry from Portsmouth 10.00pm Sunday night! Goodbye crap job...... hello to eight days of biker bliss & a few stiff drinks!!
jeffers

Post by jeffers »

Enjoy it pal, Spain is always a great trip, don't get too hung up on the technical stuff, just get out there and enjoy the trip.

Don't forget to post the pics as well.

Jeffers

www.fliptopheads.blogspot.co.uk
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

timcat1069 wrote:I know this has probably been covered lots of times but... There are conflicting reports of whats needed, from two warning triangles to god know what else!!!
Can anyone shed any light on what is law in Spain with regard to what's needed when touring on a bike please........
Hi,

No worries about repeating the question - laws change all the time so we all need to sit down and review what we're carrying.

I'm not a lawyer so your first point of call is the AA, but I've summarized the key points on my blog and added a few 'streetwise' comments, echoing Barcelona Pat's.

Enjoy!

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “TRAVEL”