Any ABR's also SCUBA Divers?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Gazloki

Re: Any ABR's also SCUBA Divers?

Post by Gazloki »

V_King wrote:my mother used to bring me to a swimming pool as a child. so instead of swimming I used to be glued to the bottom of the pool. the same with swimming in lakes.

never did the proper diving though :( would love to try one day :)
That can be arranged mate!
claw

Post by claw »

I'm a PADI openwater advanced as well, all my dives so far have in the med. Would like to have a few dry suit dives at some point and like the idea of Scarpa only when global warming has made a better impact though :)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaim: "Wow, what a ride".
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

claw wrote:I'm a PADI openwater advanced as well, all my dives so far have in the med. Would like to have a few dry suit dives at some point and like the idea of Scarpa only when global warming has made a better impact though :)
No need to wait for global warming fella, the sea temp up there is usually a steady 2degrees whatever the weather :whistle:

Yup, I am up for a trip too but 6 weeks would be a stretch for me. Spring next year sounds good though
Gripper1974

Post by Gripper1974 »

People!!!!!!!!!! The fat lads on for it :laugh:
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

Gripper1974 wrote:People!!!!!!!!!! The fat lads on for it :laugh:
Grab your spade, flipflops and snorkle.....!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: B)
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

What has happened to all contributing members of this thread..???

Anyone still brimming with enthusiasm...???!!!! :whistle:
Gripper1974

Post by Gripper1974 »

I'm still on for it mate but I've had to get rid of the shorts ;-) Rock star status wasn't for me. Ride and dive, just let me know when.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

My last dive was nearly 10 years ago, with my bank balance it's going to be a long time before I can afford to do it again.

Never dived in Britain (med & west coast of Oz) know there's some pretty good wrecks off the coast. Isn't visibility usually pretty restricted though?
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

P4ulie wrote:My last dive was nearly 10 years ago, with my bank balance it's going to be a long time before I can afford to do it again.

Never dived in Britain (med & west coast of Oz) know there's some pretty good wrecks off the coast. Isn't visibility usually pretty restricted though?
I've always fancied doing it. How expensive is it?

rob
I've no idea how to add a signature.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

How expensive is what Rikat?

Been out of the loop for a while, a dive with rental gear probably around £50 at a guess?

You need your open water though for most places, can't remember how much that was & was over a decade ago & sure prices have moved on.

I did a PADI open water & advanced Diver with extra dives around the Ningaloo reef in Oz a long time back. I remember it cut my travelling short as I spent well over £2000 in just under 3 weeks.

Worth every penny but not a cheap holiday option :(
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything

Return to “TRAVEL”