Hello from the Midlands!

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
jed54

Re: Hello from the Midlands!

Post by jed54 »

Hi and welcome from Hertfordshire
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Welcome from Aberdeenshire .
Davev333

Post by Davev333 »

Hello and welcome from Ashby de la Zouch.
stumpym4

Post by stumpym4 »

Hello and welcome from kings heath in Birmingham :)
special one

Post by special one »

Welcome mate from sunny castle bromwich (brum, well technically solihull):)
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
Poulton

Post by Poulton »

Cheers for the warm welcome everyone, good to see so many of you are local (I'm bang in the middle of brum) originally from wythall so just up the road from you stumpym4.

Handy advice on the tourances, i suspected as much - Ive been really happy with them on road but seems I'm going to need something a bit chunkier if I'm not going to ditch my bike on the first attempt off road?
Whats the general consensus for the GS's doing a bit of moderate off roading? Ive been pointed toward the
TKC80's, don't want anything that will be unbearable on road though - a decent balance would be nice.

Also whats people's opinions on using the original cast wheels for greenlaning/light off roading, i know the spoked jobbies are tougher and have heard lots of noise about them being essential but with no experience in the field I can't tell how much of it is sound advice or just the usual justification for over farkling (nothing wrong with that of course just don't know that my wallet stretches to the BMW asking price of a spare pair of wheels!)

kgbbiker - yeah bad timing i guess, giving some serious thought to knocking the "reclaim our trails" day on the head and putting the cash to a new set of tyres though having looked through some of the upcoming events on here!

Actually, further to that - if anyone fancies showing a newbie (with a bit of big bike off road experience) a few decent lanes around the midlands/cotswolds/wales or wherever, your lunch 'n pint is on me!
Alun

Post by Alun »

Hello and welcome to ABR. I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Check out the ABR Midlands Rally there'll be a green lane ride out and the camp site is in the middle of an enduro course which we have the use of.

Keep a look out on the forum as I'll soon be posting up a green lane ride out for anyone who wants to join me. Starting off in Stratford upon Avon and then weaving west and south into the Cotswolds.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Hello and Welcome from Kings Norton.

I'm sure we on this forum can get something organised and meet up for a bit of light trail riding in the area. Anyone got any ideas? Looking on Trailwise there's not to many Green lanes on the South East side of Brum.

I'm on Tourances too, so I wont be looking for anywhere too muddy just yet! GS's are not the lightest bikes to pick up in the slop! :sick:
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Hello from Co Durham B)
Gary117

Post by Gary117 »

Hello and welcome to ABR.
2011 Yamaha XT660Z Tenere

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”