How long til you go and where?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Big Den

Re: How long til you go and where?

Post by Big Den »

LayerLass wrote:Tiger meet in the Lakes this weekend, then off to Germany for a couple of weeks end of June :P
Watch out for loads of Yamaha XT's as they are in the lakes area for a 3 day weekend :laugh:
Just bikes for me ta
palace15

Post by palace15 »

About 16 days, then off to the Isle of Man for the Classic TT at Billown, then the TT on the Mountain course and then back down to Billown for the post TT races, 3 weeks away and 2 weeks racing, Isle of Man - the only place to be for the first 2 weeks of June :cheer:
gseddie

Post by gseddie »

July 16th off for a 2 week trip to Norway :)
McTee

Post by McTee »

14th August, Portsmouth - Caen, then direct to Barcelona to catch the ferry to Menorca, meet the missus who's flying out with a nate to a wedding, spend a couple of days (hours!) exploring the island, then back via more of the Pyrenees, hopefully a 10 day trip, replacement for my Moroccan trip in march, scuppered by a broken arm!
leo-david

Post by leo-david »

gseddie wrote:July 16th off for a 2 week trip to Norway :)
I like the sound of that, planning to do Norway next year myself.
Blueoffroader400

Post by Blueoffroader400 »

In 2 days off too Strasbourg then Saltzburg down Grossglochner into Slovenia vsic pass through Croatia, into Bosnia for afew days, Dubrovnik split ryjeck Vienna st Bernard pass mont blanc onto lake Luisiana then back into France, Paris then home :silly:

The things you do to get out the rain...... :woohoo: Can't wait
R1200GSA, KTM Exc 300, L200 Warrior
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

24hrs to go and then we ( Paul-S) will be on the boat heading for Bilbao.....woohoo.

Bikes are packed, satnavs loaded with routes / tracks, spending money safely tucked away in fat wallet..... ;)

...its's gonna be a long evening. :pinch:
The Mad Jock

Post by The Mad Jock »

stanbloke wrote: Bikes are packed, satnavs loaded with routes / tracks, spending money safely tucked away in fat wallet..... ;)

...its's gonna be a long evening. :pinch:
I'm about there too but a whole 7 or 8 days to go so imagine my wait :) . It's going to be my first trip away and I can't wait. Originally wanted to go to Italy then pulled it back to France/Germany but now it's good old Blighty (I think!!!).

That's the best bit, I actually don't know for sure where I'm going and I'm pretty much packed and prepared for anywhere I can get to and back in 14 days but with an eye on Wales and family in Scotland I have worked out various routes and I'll wait for the weather, light up one of the routes in my sat nav and go. I should be more responsible at 41 but I seem to have spent my life being like that so not this time.
coyotedave

Post by coyotedave »

12 weeks on Sunday and I'll be on the overnight ferry with my partner to Rotterdam. Then down to Austria to stop with John and Ros at hotel Hochalmspitze for a week. They are a great couple to stop with. Plenty of great roads to ride thanks to John with his knowlage of the area. Then onto pension Williams in the black forest for 3 nights. Locking forward to this trip.
Neil M

Post by Neil M »

Hey Gavinski, me and Terrastrom are heading down to the Pyranees to do road book 2 end of June. We're have to have a cuppa at Rykas or Newlands Corner to swop notes! Have a good trip.

Return to “TRAVEL”