Boil Weather

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
gebrauchtwagen83

Boil Weather

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

i havent posted this in the boil thread because ive assumed thats for the administrative organisation of the weekend.

just thought id start a thread to see if we have any budding meteorologists who although we are still over 2 weeks away, can tell us how much sunshine we are going to have that weekend. all this talk of snow and cold is making me nervous!!

MET OFFICE

UK Outlook for Wednesday 18 Apr 2012 to Wednesday 2 May 2012:

Conditions look set to remain on the unsettled side, with showers or longer spells of rain affecting most areas, giving close to average rainfall amounts for much of the UK, perhaps slightly above in some places. It is likely to continue to feel cool, if not fairly chilly, with temperatures quite widely around or just below the seasonal average. Sunshine amounts are likely to be highly variable in this unsettled regime, but most places should see close to average amounts.

Updated: 1236 on Tue 3 Apr 2012
Phil

Re: Boil Weather

Post by Phil »

Well the Chilterns was my first ABR rally and it was lovely and sunny so i was under the impression that all ABR rallys are 100% sunshine guarenteed :laugh:

To be honest i only trust weather forcasts for about 36 - 48hrs in advance, certainly not 2 weeks. imagine two weeks ago if someone of had said "oh its getting to get cold, p*ss it down and we'll have some snow"...i would of asked what they'd been smoking ;)
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

prepare for the worst and be pleasantly suprised when it is not utter s**t is my motto.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Tenere Mart

Post by Tenere Mart »

Well lets think about this ... the Boil is close to the Lakes ....hmm so around the lakes the weather changes all the time with out notice ...as I know from been up at pooly bridge for 8yrs on holiday @ our static . Aswell as been up north than the Chilltons and you up closer to a moored area ect ... I surgest go prepaired for anything ;)Sure we all will have a good time spite the weather ...
MART
davsato

Post by davsato »

dancanovas wrote:
MET OFFICE

UK Outlook for Wednesday 18 Apr 2012 to Wednesday 2 May 2012:

Conditions look set to remain on the unsettled side, with showers or longer spells of rain affecting most areas, giving close to average rainfall amounts for much of the UK, perhaps slightly above in some places. It is likely to continue to feel cool, if not fairly chilly, with temperatures quite widely around or just below the seasonal average. Sunshine amounts are likely to be highly variable in this unsettled regime, but most places should see close to average amounts.

Updated: 1236 on Tue 3 Apr 2012
Sounds just like last year then. Lets face it, theres a clue in the title, the lakes in the "lake district" have to come from somewhere, so it might rain........
Dave
PeterT

Post by PeterT »

Cumbrian Meteorology

If you can see the hills, it's going to rain. If you can't see them, it's raining.
GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

I thought that all ABR Rallies brought a ray of sunshine where ever they are, bollox I know :P
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

Pur e rain all bloody weekend
guzz

Post by guzz »

Having lived at pooley bridge on the edge of ullswater and ridern in the area for over 10years ide pack thermals and wet gear ive seen it at this time of year been sunny then cold then wet then snow then back to sunny in a five mile radious! live in annan now in scotland not that far away from there and its on average 3degrees warmer all the time! :)
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

Forecast for this weekend - bit early to take too much notice of.
Could be an interesting one :pinch:
weather.jpg
weather.jpg (397.89 KiB) Viewed 1236 times

Return to “THE PUB”