O dear It has started

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Selous

O dear It has started

Post by Selous »

went to vist my GF today go for a walk, etc as the Sun was out quite pleasant.

I leave my house & i see half a doz of RUB's all on cruisers, wearing shades being, wannabee Sons of Anchovy, I lol.

I get to the sea front, to tun up my GF St 6 or 8 KTM's Adventures sitting there, some white, blue, or silly orange, then unfortunatly I see the owners, all in KTM Orange, Ride Gear Jackets & trousers, including helmets, I stop I start talking, not 1 of them have been out since Sept 2011!!!

As we leave to go for a walk we have 5 or 6 Power rangers pass us, they stop to admire the sea, get a coffee, I say hi they look at me, no reply start talking to them only 1 of them has ridden all year round minus the snow!

Is this what motorcycling has become a leisure trendy thing rather than a mode of transport.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
moto al

Re: O dear It has started

Post by moto al »

did you spot any twat suits? he he .al
moto al
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

Yes
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Does it matter when and where people ride, so long as they do , are safe and enjoy what they do ?
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
backofbeyond

Post by backofbeyond »

It's not only the bikers - I've just got back from a six mile walk, part of which went through our local golf club (you can probably see where this is going!). There must have been 20-30 people playing and it looked like a Bertie Wooster convention with the golf apparel being worn. Apologies to any golf enthusiasts here but ... :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

The ups and downs of 40 years on two wheels

www.pisquicktours.co.uk

Do the best you can, then try to live it down.

CCM604 Honda XR600 Honda CBX1000

Honda 400/4 Yamaha XS2 650 Kawasaki H1 500

Lotus Elan, Land Rover Discovery
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Tyrant68 wrote:Does it matter when and where people ride, so long as they do , are safe and enjoy what they do ?
Well said
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

I can't realy blame anyone for being out and about this weekend, Sunshine and blue skies makes us all feel better. B)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mike54 wrote:
Tyrant68 wrote:Does it matter when and where people ride, so long as they do , are safe and enjoy what they do ?
Well said
+1 each to their own!
hornet

Post by hornet »

backofbeyond wrote:It's not only the bikers - I've just got back from a six mile walk, part of which went through our local golf club (you can probably see where this is going!). There must have been 20-30 people playing and it looked like a Bertie Wooster convention with the golf apparel being worn. Apologies to any golf enthusiasts here but ... :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
white men dressed as black pimps oh dear

I should know mate ;)

Ive seen the fairweather riders re appear and thats good as people see more bikes out and about it joggs the memory of the cage driver to watch out for us

The problem is the peeps who couldnt ride well before the cold ie some forward thinking planned and excecuted cornering overtakes etc still cant only now they are full of enthusiasum and still have no kin idea, Ive seen a couple of shocking monuvers over the weekend. Just hope they dont kill or injure anyone and read an artical or two rather than copying there mates mistakes.

ps id like a silly orange bike so does that make me a twat :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hornet
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I have'nt been out since last September, I've heard bikes go past my house all day everyone hurt whilst I was scraping shit off my newly aquired cellar walls. Does that make me a bad biker or can I have a pass seing i did 10,000 miles last year :whistle: I will be lucky if I can get to a couple of rallys this year as I slowly renovate my house. So there may be genuine reasons why they only ride on certain days but of course some simply may be fair weather bikers, so be it, that's their loss as if you only wait for really good days you are serverly certain in this country. At least the jammy barstewards are out riding

Yours with a wounded heart :( and deep longing in every cell :pinch:

cheers spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “THE PUB”