ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th-30th Sept 2012

Bianchi

Re: ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th-30th Sept 2012

Post by Bianchi »

Andy A wrote:Awesome weekend , thanks to Craig and all who made it happen. Enjoyed the camping and the weather wasn't too bad :whistle: , just a great time riding some of the best roads i have ridden (when the wind allowed me to stay on the tarmac) and look forward to more in the future.
Unfortunately my trip home ended at Spean Bridge and the AA took over from there.

Cheers Again guys, hope to meet up soon and talk some more pish ;)
Who was it you were talking to if it was the two old boys with the xt's yeh they
Were talking pish but most were very nice and helpful

Cheers

Dave
piguglyshandydrinker

Post by piguglyshandydrinker »

I don't post on here much but I'd just like to say a big thank you to all those involved in the organising the Ullapool meet,
Hopefully, see you next time.

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Womble

Post by Womble »

As others have already said thank you to all for organising this, especially Craig, LWR, who I sat with, and Paul for chips on Saturday night.
Avi and I are treating this as an exploration trip as we didn't make it on bikes; Avi's fine, driving back to London as I type. I'm still on my way home, in Grasmere, waiting for the wind and rain to calm down.
Plague, didn't realise you were from Somerset, assume Bridgy from the avatar? I'm from Weston.
Adrian/Womble
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
Womble

Post by Womble »

Oops, forgot to say a very big thank you to Alan and Fiona for helping Avi and me out. I'll write a report of the week plus trip with photos when I'm back. Scotland is awesome
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
PeeJayEff

Post by PeeJayEff »

And here's a big thank you from me too. First to the Stratford massive for pulling into Keele to meet up and the subsequent jolly dozen that went on up to Fort William. To Steve (and his back markers) for the rideout, Ken for his stirling incident management role and travel buddy, Chris for providing such an easy target for abuse and piss take opportunity and to everyone who had anything to do with organising this, my first and best ABR rally.

Special congrats go to young Nino for so many reasons including the most enthusiastic and lucky b'stard on planet earth. His much discussed bike/post interface was prizeworthy enough but after surviving his short flight, i cant believe he didn't just drown in the Nino width ditch he ended up in. He only went and landed on the only dry bit of Scotland - amazing.

Nice to meet you all though and apologies to Saturday's backmarker number 2 who had to watch my first off-raod wobble for what must have felt like 150 miles.

Loved it. See some of you uuppp norrrth hopefully.

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”