ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th-30th Sept 2012

Glider65

Re: ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th-30th Sept 2012

Post by Glider65 »

We must stop talking about the rain!

Better half keeps saying 'I don't want to be wet' 'cars are warm' and all those things that have an element of truth in them. This will be only her third trip as pillion in two years - I want it to be memorable for the right reasons!
Orsoncarts

Post by Orsoncarts »

Myself and TJ are setting off shortly...only 700 miles and we'll be there!!!!! :woohoo:
I have absolutely no idea how to add a signature....!
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

The usual forecast sources are ok, I guess but usually find that they are completely wrong . Lots of micro climates up in the north west .

The old saying comes to mind , "if you dont like the weather wait 5 minutes ".
or drive over the next hill .

Working today , then packing this evening . ready for the off tomorrow morning.

So after today I will not be able to update this thread. (until I get my grubby hands on Jims' internet phone.... thursday sometime)

Cheers LWR
Davy

Post by Davy »

Cheers Marc - but I hope its not like my first day at school when I wet my shorts and a girl put sand in me cheese sarnie!

I didn't want to jinx things by posting at all (I had to drop out last year)but looks like we'll be making this one assuming Dave gets his Pegaso sorted, but prob now arriving late-ish Friday...Does anybody know if theres a b&b / cheapish place could put us up for Friday night so we can lay up our slightly dodgy backs overnight, and put the tents up in the a.m.? (Soft and middle-aged...i know!)
Glider - I see from above that you are going up, good news! Your bike should be easy to pick out, like mine!
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Nearest Bed and Breakfast –
www.ullapool.co.uk/accommodation2.html
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

LargeWayRound wrote:Thanks for the updates guys.. just quoting this post I made yesterday to bring it on to a new page .

LargeWayRound wrote:UPdate 25/09/12 Updated first post as well

Talked to the Campsite yesterday regarding the Rally and here a couple of updates .
In the map above I have marked the areas which will be reserved of ABR. !
If arriving on Thursday anytime , please pitch up in SECTION A .

Section B is the overflow area.
Try to keep tents at least 3 m apart (or more).
Watch out driving on the grass , a bit peaty and damp, use stand pucks.
Hard Standing car parking in parking areas, keep access road clear.
No Midges Reported for 1 week now .
Glider65

Post by Glider65 »

Davy wrote: Glider - I see from above that you are going up, good news! Your bike should be easy to pick out, like mine!
Hi Davy - are you on the V-strom forum? I'm glider65 on that too, but I don't recognize your bike... there was a white Wee at Ullapool last year, but I never spotted the rider, and no one owned up on the V-strom forum :unsure:
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

moto al group is now less 1 person ....cheers
sparks

Post by sparks »

Glider65 wrote:
Davy wrote: Glider - I see from above that you are going up, good news! Your bike should be easy to pick out, like mine!
Hi Davy - are you on the V-strom forum? I'm glider65 on that too, but I don't recognize your bike... there was a white Wee at Ullapool last year, but I never spotted the rider, and no on owned up on the V-strom forum :unsure:
The white wee is Kevins (one chance on hear) and it will be there again as will my matt black one for its first good run out

Adam
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

I left home at 6.30 this morning and I'm currently just a few miles short of Manchester, 225 miles done and another 275 to go for my overnight stop at Loch Lomand.

It's true what they say, a wet day on the bike still beats a dry day in a car :)

See you all soon.

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”