Ullapool Highland Rally 2012, Thursday night stop over @ Glencoe / Clachaig Inn..Any one !!!!!

JiMcI

Ullapool Highland Rally 2012, Thursday night stop over @ Glencoe / Clachaig Inn..Any one !!!!!

Post by JiMcI »

Just thought I would post that myself and a few others from Paisley area, are traveling up to Glencoe on the Thursday night for a wee stop over @ the Red Squirrel Campsite and a few refreshments in the Clachaig Inn on the Thursday night.

I know it’s not that far from Paisley to Ullapool compared to what some of you have to travel. But thought it would make a good place for the guys from south of the border that we met at the Boil rally, to meet up for the night.

Good campsite and great friendly pub with fantastic food, only about a mile walk from campsite. http://www.clachaig.com/

So if anyone is interested we will see you there, if not see you at Ullapool on the Friday.

Cheers Jim.....
LargeWayRound

Re: Ullapool Highland Rally 2012, Thursday night stop over @ Glencoe / Clachaig Inn..Any one !!!!!

Post by LargeWayRound »

NIce one Jim

I think some of the lads and lassies are wild camping on the Thursday night up at Kingshouse , only a 5 minute drive up the road .. Maybe you should see if you can meet up .. http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... tml#142499

Anyways , have a great trip up and see you at Ullapool

LWR
JiMcI

Re: Ullapool Highland Rally 2012, Thursday night stop over @ Glencoe / Clachaig Inn..Any one !!!!!

Post by JiMcI »

Why don't they just wild camp ootside the clachaig mare fun.....

Cheers Jim....
Rif Raf

Post by Rif Raf »

Hi Jim My friend and I often frequent the clachaig and red squirrel, we are also planning to make it a stop over on the way to ullapool on Thursday night, its our first rally with ABR so prob haven't met most of you before so keep an eye out for us, we'l be on a 1150 adventure and 800gs. So if any of you reading this have not been to the cachaig before I can highly recommend it for its warm lively and friendly atmosphere
JiMcI

Post by JiMcI »

No Probs Rif-Raf will look out for you, we will be mostly riding KTM's.

Where you travelling from ?..

Cheers Jim..
Rif Raf

Post by Rif Raf »

Newcastle , so it's 6 hours to the clach for us, but should arrive in time for a few pints

Cheers
JiMcI

Post by JiMcI »

Depending on stops traffic you should do it a bit quicker than that 240 miles A69,M6,M74,M8 erskine bridge, crainlarich etc.

You are on big comfy twins!

What time you leaving at on thursday..

About 2hrs for me..

Cheers Jim..
Rif Raf

Post by Rif Raf »

Cheers but normaly head up the A68, M9 and A84. Makes a better ride and hate slogging on the motorways . We should be leaving no later than 4pm hopefully 3! So recon we could make it before 8 if we limit the fag stops.
JiMcI

Post by JiMcI »

Sound good good see u there....

cheers Jim...
moto al

Post by moto al »

JiMcI wrote:Why don't they just wild camp ootside the clachaig mare fun..... hi.yes camping at the clachaig was bril,dave told me that the guy who put up the no camping signs owns the red sqirrel camp site.so for me he can stick the sqirrel where the sun dosnt shine.cheers al

Cheers Jim....
moto al

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”