Midlands Rally Info

Post Reply
Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Midlands Rally Info

Post by Alun » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:13 pm

It's only just over a couple of weeks away and looking as if we're going to have at least 100 members attending the Midlands Rally (over 150 have said they will attend). So, I thought I'd post up just a couple of pointers as mass communication (shouting loudly in the morning) on site could be a problem with tents spread out over a wide area.

Treadtrader and Yoony have volunteered to man a campsite check-in which will be up and running from early on the Friday morning. When checking in you'll be asked if you want to do:

the green lane ride,
road ride,
stay on site for enduro
do you're own thing

With the numbers expected it also looks like we'll be splitting the green lane ride out into smaller groups. Last year we had over 20 on the trail run, which is more than optimal, but all worked out well. We'll limit the group sizes to 20 this year and there'll be staggered departure times. You'll be informed at the check in what time your group leader will be heading out. Ditto the road ride outs. This will hopefully mean we'll avoid the confusion of who's doing what and when on the Saturday morning.

There's likely to be three road ride outs, two taking in the scenic delights of the Cotswolds and a third checking out two Holy Grail sites – Gloucester Cathedral and Christ Church in Oxford.

The 'bog challenge' will be at 6pm on the Saturday night and it goes like this; if you can ride your bike through the morass in my avatar in a single run without stopping then I'll buy your beer for the rest of the weekend. There is a powerwash on the farm for all who want to give it a go.

The campsite is on an enduro course and it's available for us to ride all weekend. Most of the circuit is big bike friendly and I'll be doing a full lap of the course, which you'll all be welcome to join, about every hour on the Friday afternoon to show where we can and can't ride – same as last year. For those who like their off-road riding more challenging, fear not, there's quite a few tastey sections where both you and the bike are likely to be lost forever.

It's also worth mentioning again that there will be a catering van on site from Friday lunchtime and it's the same one as last year. It'll be open early in the morning and the breakfasts are spot an and reasonably priced. Tea and coffee are available all day until midnightish. There will also be an ice cream van on site selling, er, ice cream and 'cold refreshments'.

If you want to attend the Midlands Rally and have not booked stick your name down here.

Any questions? Post below.

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
Phil
Posts: 1205
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 am

Re: Midlands Rally Info

Post by Phil » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Alun wrote:The campsite is on an enduro course and it's available for us to ride all weekend. Most of the circuit is big bike friendly and I'll be doing a full lap of the course, which you'll all be welcome to join, about every hour on the Friday afternoon to show where we can and can't ride – same as last year. .
So can the enduro course only be ridden once you've done your first lap in the aftrenoon? i ask as i was planning to get to site early Fri (dont live too far away) but if i cant ride the course till the afternoon i might go to work for a bit in the morning.

Tar

Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: Midlands Rally Info

Post by Alun » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Phil wrote:
Alun wrote:The campsite is on an enduro course and it's available for us to ride all weekend. Most of the circuit is big bike friendly and I'll be doing a full lap of the course, which you'll all be welcome to join, about every hour on the Friday afternoon to show where we can and can't ride – same as last year. .
So can the enduro course only be ridden once you've done your first lap in the aftrenoon? i ask as i was planning to get to site early Fri (dont live too far away) but if i cant ride the course till the afternoon i might go to work for a bit in the morning.

Tar
Friday morning is fine, I'll join you for a ride :)

Tom94
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Midlands Rally Info

Post by Tom94 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi just wondering can you only ride the enduro course any time throughout the whole weekend after the 1 lap with you?

Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: Midlands Rally Info

Post by Alun » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Tom94 wrote:Hi just wondering can you only ride the enduro course any time throughout the whole weekend after the 1 lap with you?
Yes. You don't need to do an 'escorted' lap but as the farm/course is spread over a large area you get to see all the areas we can use.

Soul Dave
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Midlands Rally Info

Post by Soul Dave » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:55 am

Hi, can i just turn up on the day for the road rideout, if so will it be on the saturday or sunday, also what time, thanks.

Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: Midlands Rally Info

Post by Alun » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:56 am

Soul Dave wrote:Hi, can i just turn up on the day for the road rideout, if so will it be on the saturday or sunday, also what time, thanks.
Yes you can, be on the campsite for 9am and you should be fine.

Elle
Posts: 2654
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:17 pm

Re: Midlands Rally Info

Post by Elle » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:49 am

Hi Alun, I'm pleased to read the trail group is to be split, there seems to be a lot of folk attending!
Will the groups be mixed or split by ability too?
My Serow can't keep up with the big machines on tarmac & my skills aren't great.

Unsure what time we'll arrive on Friday, but if you need an extra pair of hands, shout up :-)
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: Midlands Rally Info

Post by Alun » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 am

Elle wrote:Hi Alun, I'm pleased to read the trail group is to be split, there seems to be a lot of folk attending!
Will the groups be mixed or split by ability too?
My Serow can't keep up with the big machines on tarmac & my skills aren't great.

Unsure what time we'll arrive on Friday, but if you need an extra pair of hands, shout up :-)
I'll not be setting a fast pace, and there'll be plenty of stops so I'm sure you'll have no probs. And thanks for the offer of help. We'll be doing the setting up work on the Thursday afternoon so I'll just need someone to hold my can of Guinness and fan me on the Friday. :)

Post Reply

Return to “ABR Midlands Rally Stratford upon Avon 17th - 19th Aug 2012”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests