No ABR Challenge 2014 (unless someone else wants to take up the reins)

JimboF650

No ABR Challenge 2014 (unless someone else wants to take up the reins)

Post by JimboF650 »

Hi folks, been meaning to post this for a while... basically, I've not planned another challenge for 2014 for a few reasons; Firstly not got a lot of time these days and secondly, participation was right down in 2013 (maybe my fault, people not liking what I came up with :blush: ).

I'd wanted to post this earlier so if someone wanted to do something for 2014 they had time to get it sorted, but never :( . If anyone has got an idea for a 2014 event and doesn't mind the admin that goes with it, post your ideas below.

Cheers guys
dubber68

Re: No ABR Challenge 2014 (unless someone else wants to take up the reins)

Post by dubber68 »

Jim thanks for the hard work you have done in the past few years and I for one am sorry there is no challenge in 2014. PS is that the photo from the midlands as your avatar?
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

Cheers Paul, and yep that's your bike I'm on. Suits me better I reckon.
Ruiz

Post by Ruiz »

Hi Jimbo. Sorry to hear that.
This year's challenge was good, as it could be carried out anywhere, I mean no need to ride long distances.
In my case, I tried it only once, and it was a bit of a mess to find out the names of the villages, and then stop, take the pic and so on. Also, this year I have not been able to find as much time as I would have liked to ride, so finally I was not able to score a single point :(
What I mean is that I think it was a great idea and so I wanted to thank you for managing it.
I hope that someone else is up for creating another chalenge this year!
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

I think maybe that was it's downfall - it just interrupted a good ride.
Chance for someone else to have a go maybe.
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

JimboF650 wrote:Cheers Paul, and yep that's your bike I'm on. Suits me better I reckon.
Wasn't sure. Thought maybe you had changed your bike for a minute. May see you at the Jan rally in the lakes, I see your name is down.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I agree, it was a cracking idea but collecting the photos was really hard work. If only google glasses where here so you could take a pic without faffing with gloves.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
V_King

Post by V_King »

it's a shame that the challenge dies out, but this year I found it not for me. tried collecting a few letters, but it was more of a hassle, than a nice weekend rideout :(

Thanks Jimbo for all the hard work. It takes more time than it could look like, to keep everything up to date.

From my experience the nature park rally was the best one - saw beautiful parts of UK, enjoyed great roads and landscape.

On the other hand, you would expect a little bit more involvement from the abr mag, with mag subscriptions for top three places, dedicating a page in the mag with good photos etc. to keep participants numbers and people more motivated to get involved :)
""
gland

Post by gland »

well done for the effort you put in mate. Really enjoyed the holy grail one ended up doing the lot great excuse to get out there. something similar would be good.
viince

Post by viince »

dubber68 wrote:Jim thanks for the hard work you have done in the past few years and I for one am sorry there is no challenge in 2014.

i'll second that

entertaining challenge shame about the up take

cheers vince
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Return to “ABR Challenge 2013”