Piel - Friday night

beddowsm

Re: Piel - Friday night

Post by beddowsm »

scoobydidler wrote:I've got my name down for Saturday camping. Any ideas what time the Saturday trailride starts as il be having an early start to get there in time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
will get some times soon, away on the bike this weekend.
bazza

Post by bazza »

Hi mike can you stick me down for the trail ride if there is still a space and Friday camping please mate, be nice to get the KTM dirty again.

Bazz
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Good stuff, it will be good to see you again baz.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Mad Cow wrote:
beddowsm wrote:
This is the start of the first trail. This will be the hardest. Continue along the road to the farm. Pass through some gates into the farm courtyard. You want the gates on the left. The trail is then a rocky climb. On a GS Id say go round but you know your own abilities.

NY309015
Mike I take it you are aware of the advice on Trailwise for High Tilberthwaite?
Drivers are asked to avoid stopping in the farmyard at High Tilberthwaite with their engines running. It is suggested that vehicles stop short of the gate on the tarmac before someone on foot opens both gates through the farmyard. Please also avoid stopping with engines running at the climbers cottage at the northern end

Although I would point out that the Climbers cottage was where we got smiles and waves as we passed last year but of course we didn't stop (thumbs)
Cheers mc, wasn't aware so good to know.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

beddowsm wrote:
scoobydidler wrote:I've got my name down for Saturday camping. Any ideas what time the Saturday trailride starts as il be having an early start to get there in time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
will get some times soon, away on the bike this weekend.
Shall we say depart the campsite at 08:30 Saturday morning. This will give us 6 hours to get to the crossing point meaning a good trail ride to get there.
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

beddowsm wrote:
Ashley wrote:Hi Mike

If nothing goes wrong I will be there Friday ready to trail ride on the Saturday
Funny you should post Ahsley, I was only watching the Pyrenees DVD last night. Was wondering what you were up to these days. Will be good to catch up again. Cant believe its been 2 years since that trip. And cant believe how many bikes Ive gone through in that time either. Miss my 950.

Ill be setting off about 13:30ish on the Friday....so depending on what time you are passing let me know. Im about 15 mins from the M6 near Runcorn. Probably get a trail or 2 in on the way.
Hi Mike do I need to book my place at the camp site for Friday. I will be leaving Aylesbury about 11.30 so we could meet up and ride together.
RobertG

Post by RobertG »

Thanks for all the videos, pics and coordinates for the trail.
If there is still room put me down for the trail ride :woohoo:

Getting close now.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Ashley wrote: Hi Mike do I need to book my place at the camp site for Friday. I will be leaving Aylesbury about 11.30 so we could meet up and ride together.
No need to book Ashley, we will just turn up. Yep, turn up at mine for a brew then we will leave from there. Away until Friday so will be in contact when I get back.
tea007

Post by tea007 »

Holy ****

The big Ktm flew through its mot yesterday with flying colours
With the abuse it gets I was fairly surprised
See you all Friday
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

If anyone fancies a brew on their way north I'm based a 15 min detour from the m6, just a few mins from j11 m56.

Should be leaving mine approx 14:00, and will take in a couple of trails in the lakes as we pass through to the campsite.

Return to “ABR Piel Island Rally June 6th-8th 2014”