ABR "Island" Rally 2014

RobertG

Re: ABR "Island" Rally 2014

Post by RobertG »

Landed in Troon this morning. Taking the scenic route down via Loch Lomond and on to Edinburgh later. See you all tomorrow.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

RobertG wrote:Landed in Troon this morning. Taking the scenic route down via Loch Lomond and on to Edinburgh later. See you all tomorrow.
Great stuff, ride safe. See you at the campsite near coniston tomorrow. A few of us arriving late afternoon early evening depending on how many trails we squeeze in en route.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Hope you all have a good time and the weather is not too wet!

I won't be able to make it as I have to work on Sunday, the only weekend of the year I have to work and it has to be this one :angry:
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Mad Cow wrote:Hope you all have a good time and the weather is not too wet!

I won't be able to make it as I have to work on Sunday, the only weekend of the year I have to work and it has to be this one :angry:
Throw a sickie!

Probably a bit far to come for just a night and trail ride! Have fun working MC.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Anyone else fancy meeting at mine for a brew on your way North tomorrow. Aiming to leave mine at 14:00, so far Felco, Coasty, Ashley and SteiveD calling in.

Im approx. 5 mins from J11 M56, near Runcorn. About a 10 min divert from the M6.

Drop me a PM.
Sykesy

Post by Sykesy »

Not long now!! A couple of us are camping over at High Laning campsite in Dent friday night, arriving there around 6.30pm, then to the pub!

Just to throw a spanner in the works, i knew that the quoted low tide crossing were not correct, but ive now double checked, and the actual low tide times for Piel is Sat 7th June at 12.29. Tides move on an hour each day, so return crossing will be 1.29pm on sunday.

Just thought id mention this (thats if no-one else has already, then i apoligise)

The first page, first post says crossing to Piel at 14.30. The tide will be well in by that time.

Heres the link to the accurate tide times we used when kite surfing. Quite i big tide too at 6 metres Link is for Piel>>>>>>>

http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EASYTIDE/Ea ... onLength=7

Can one of the Mods please check this please. I doubt anyone will cross at 14.30. and then it will be too late.

I'll be at Snab Point for 12 noon. just in case!!!!

a friend is someone who bails you out of jail, But a BEST friend is the person sitting beside you saying...'that was fu**ing awesome'!!!!!!!
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Hello sykesy,

Thanks for the post. I've just been on the phone with the island to check. Low tide is 13:30 on Saturday (Sheila from the pub said you have not added the hour for British summer time). We can safely cross at 14:30.

So, the latest we can safely cross is 14:30

So the crossing time remains the same. We will depart snab point at 14:30. Don't be late.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Sunday, low tide is 14:30. But we don't have to wait until low ride to cross. As soon as the route is clear we can go, so approx 12:30 I think.
Sykesy

Post by Sykesy »

Cheers for that Mike. Better to be safe than sorry and miss the best trip of the year!!!!

beddowsm wrote:Hello sykesy,

Thanks for the post. I've just been on the phone with the island to check. Low tide is 13:30 on Saturday (Sheila from the pub said you have not added the hour for British summer time). We can safely cross at 14:30.

So, the latest we can safely cross is 14:30

So the crossing time remains the same. We will depart snab point at 14:30. Don't be late.

a friend is someone who bails you out of jail, But a BEST friend is the person sitting beside you saying...'that was fu**ing awesome'!!!!!!!
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Agree no harm checking. I went I to mild panic mode though.

See you Saturday, ride safe.

Return to “ABR Piel Island Rally June 6th-8th 2014”