Green Lane User Guide

Richard Simpson

Re: Green Lane User Guide

Post by Richard Simpson »

lonepilgrim wrote:You don't need a driving licence for that to happen just photographic ID and then have to assume that a police officer/PCSO with access to PNC has stopped you and not a rights of way officer, resident etc
Residents and rights of way officers have no legal right to stop or detain you, nor do they have access to PNC, so that's irrelevant.

The driving licence photocard is the one form of recognised ID that pretty much everyone will have. It also shows you entitlement to drive and a UK address upon which a summons can be served (which is important if you should wish to bring a case for unlawful arrest), so why not take that?
lonepilgrim

Post by lonepilgrim »

Richard Simpson wrote:
lonepilgrim wrote:You don't need a driving licence for that to happen just photographic ID and then have to assume that a police officer/PCSO with access to PNC has stopped you and not a rights of way officer, resident etc
Residents and rights of way officers have no legal right to stop or detain you, nor do they have access to PNC, so that's irrelevant.

The driving licence photocard is the one form of recognised ID that pretty much everyone will have. It also shows you entitlement to drive and a UK address upon which a summons can be served (which is important if you should wish to bring a case for unlawful arrest), so why not take that?
Its not about taking it with me, I always carry mine next to my ID card ... My point is that it will not show who is the registered keeper of the vehicle you are riding and therefore it needs re-wording. I did not mean to cause an arguement! Your insurance may cover you to ride other vehicles which your licence covers and will not be registered in your name. And some bikes are not registered to the current rider they may be in partners name etc. The fact you would need PNC to prove who registered keeper is means the driving licence statement is incorrect as it relies on 3rd party involvement. You either take all documents or none and then produce them later at the appropriate station.
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Correct me if I'm wrong as I know you will.. :P

but dont the police do produce your documents at your local staion thing anymore?..and my licenses..yep i've a few are being updated by the swansea boys..aka DVLA...

but I do find a pleasent attitude works wonders...we aint in North Wales after all..
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

I would expect that the producer (HO/RT1) is still in existence but seldom used anymore since insurance and MOT details were incorporated into the PNC.

I can still see the use of a producer, for example, requiring someone to produce a medical exemption ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

I'm sure there's many others if I could be bothered to think about it, I left all that years ago. :woohoo:
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
HAMMERHEAD

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

YEP!!! Had or nearly had I should say, a producer last week. Got stopped (must've looked guilty or summit as he passed me in their patrol car going opposite direction)..Either that or it was my shite riding.

Had no doc's on me so carried out PNC check. Came back I had insurance, tax + MOT but no licence. Well I only did my DAS last october and forgot to apply for Licence didn't I, Xmas coming, money tight etc etc. Asked why I hadn't sent off for licence sooner, so blagged it and told him I just did last week, and explained why I hadn't done it sooner and told him DVLA informed me I had 2 years to apply or I loose my entitlement, whats the big deal? (I honestly thought that the test centres automatically informed the DVLA anyway, but apparently not).

Told him to phone my insurers as they had proof of my entitlement otherwise they wouldn't let me have insurance (not all work like that I know, but mine did especially as I was a new rider)... Too much like hard work for him. Anyway he started filling out producer and I asked how long I got to produce my licence? 7 days he said! How long will it take for my licence to come back I asked? Upto 6 weeks he replied. Well I knew full well my licence wouldnt be back within 7 days as I hadnt even sent off for it yet. So what happens officer, if I fail to produce licence within 7 days? You'll go to court was the reply and probably be summonsed even though you are entitled, because you failed to produce a valid licence.

A fair bit of begging and pleading later, for him to contact the insurance people, and he gave in, said it would be a can of worms for me and a stack of paperwork for him, so he said to be on my way but he often patrols my neck of the woods and next time he sees me he will pull me and I better have my licence on me then.

PHEWWEEEE!! I thought. What a nice man!

I didnt have any form of I.D on me at all and I honestly could've been anyone. Must have an angelic face I suppose. ;)

Straight home, collect PASS CERTIFICATE (mod 2) and down post office a bit sharpish like. Bike aint shifting now til that card is in my hands.. :whistle:

Bit irresponsible of me I know, but the worst or most STUPID part of it all is the Post office told me that it won't cost a penny as I'm only adding a new category...DUH..

Return to “ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 29th June - 1st July 2012”