Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012

Elle

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012

Post by Elle »

The Spanish Biker wrote:Your route is fine for your van, although the last little bit over the C1311 from Puente de Muntañana to Tremp is quite a slog - brillinat on a bike of course! - so you'd be well off taking a break there first - stay on the main road and there is a 'row' of bars and restaurants. I recommend the Fonda de Isidro - second on the left! Simon
good to know & thanks for the cafe tip :cheer:
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

husabang wrote:
Wilso122 wrote:Here we go! travel insurance, called bupa that do the company work scheme and they won't cover me for off road motorcycling, who's using what please? Yes I have the EHIC11ABCXYZ card :laugh:

2 sleeps!
Are the trails in spain actually 'off road' or 'unsurfaced roads'. If they are 'unsurfaced roads' im pretty sure that doesnt actually count as off road. Maybe it means off road refering to MX tracks, fields, private land etc.
Mainly "unsurfaced roads" don't worry i'm taking plasters with Mickey Mouse pics on them :laugh:
Wilso122

Post by Wilso122 »

Tramp wrote:just carry my screming body to the nearest road or kick me down the mountain and I'll be covered..
Great minds :laugh:
Mainly "unsurfaced roads" don't worry i'm taking plasters with Mickey Mouse pics on them
That's cool I've packed the codine so were sorted!

Called Bupa back turns out I am covered! confusion as they won't cover if its a hired bike, on your own so long as its a medical emergency doesn't matter. Happy Days!
950SuperEnduro.com the site for SuperEnduro owners.
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

Still got no ticket,no health cover as post office didn't want to know me ( to risky for'em). :( Got some breakdown this morning. :cheer: Loads of bits that should have been fitted to the bike will have to be fitted on route. :laugh: Off to Aylesbury in the morning for a new wheel and tyre,then straight on to Dover or somewhere with a boat !!!!!

I'll be a couple of hours ahead of the Extremers,so maybe I'll put the kettle on half way and wait for you catch up ? :) ( if any one gets in the sh*t I've got a spare 17" new TKC on the bike +other bits).

Edit ) Fark,what am I saying ? It's Wednesday today ! I'm Leaving Friday. Maybe time to try and get health cover as well ? :)
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Because the world and his mother are coming now , we've had to go and buy this to extend the sitting area !!!!!

I've had a word with the MAN but LOAFS and FISHES are out !!!! so it's GRUEL :woohoo:

Here's a pic of the tent area !!!

I have reserved the back half for the EXTREME gang as they booked first (7 tents) but should easily get another 4 or 5 on there !!!! There are 2 or 3 other flatish areas in the back garden , and there's always the garage to crash in !!

Lastly ............will this do Russ (Tramp)

Have a safe one all, and don't forget i'm only a phone call away.

Phil x Jax
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

How much food yer got? B)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Cheers Phil
that will do nicly..and the lawn looks fit for boules...I'll have the tractor shed..ha ha

and the extension looks nice...

c u saturday sometime...
Wilso122

Post by Wilso122 »

I say old chap could you roller out the middle a little, looks like a small bump just by the third tram line :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
950SuperEnduro.com the site for SuperEnduro owners.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:Because the world and his mother are coming now , we've had to go and buy this to extend the sitting area !!!!!
Bloody 'ell Phil, once that lot get settled into Le Palais Buckingham they won't want to come on here - can you just put a load of old bal bearing in their sleeping bags, or better, the trick some mad b*******ds used to do as school, glass fibre roof insulation :evil:

Regs

Simon
PS - mind you, it's about 30 degrees here and someone else has just tried the pool - young fool lasted about 30 seconds!
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
MR X

Post by MR X »

Would just like to wish you all a safe trip and remind you it gets warmer the feather south you get . ;)
For the ones doing France , bonne chance . :whistle:

Phil that’s some good trick to make that yard look flat :lol: :lol:
And I knew you had some posh wine stashed.

Hope to see you all at some point in the next week in Spain ,Just need to be able to feel the handle bars and steering wheel :whistle: :lol:

Return to “ABR Spanish Rally Pyrenees 28th May - 1st June 2012”