ABR Norfolking Around Rally 11th to 13th May 2012 Registration.

ipswichbiker

Re: ABR Norfolking Around Rally 11th to 13th May 2012

Post by ipswichbiker »

Count me out of this
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Alun

Post by Alun »

I'll keep this brief as I'm just about to set off to invade Poland with a pannier full of ABR Beanies. :)

I'd just like to re-iterate what James has said above and apologise to members and readers for this public spat but felt it important enough to comment.

The simple facts are these; Mark1150 asked me if he could run an ABR Rally in Norfolk. I agreed on the basis that I felt Mark was a dependable guy and a valued forum member. Mark has since left the forum of his own accord but he returned this morning and posted a message on the original Norfolk Rally thread, and I quote.........

'I've removed myself from the list on page 1, and you will need someone to step up and take the lead,

With many forum members from all over the country having signed up for the Rally and probably booked days off work etc. a quick decision was needed so as not to disappoint or spread confusion. So, James stepped into the breach, and judging by past ABR events I know he's more than capable of organising an ABR Rally and helping to make sure we all have a great time.

With that in mind, this is no hijack, there is nothing to hijack, ABR Rallies are for all forum members and it is the members that make a Rally a success and a great place to spend a weekend..

As a member of this forum and a Rally organiser I see it as a privilege to host the Midlands Rally and be able to show fellow members a part of the country that I know well. I know that other Rally organisers feel the same way.

On the matter of protecting the ABR brand, that is a part of my job, and this event has highlighted why I need to be up to that job.

I for one am looking forward to spending a weekend over in Norfolk, a part of the country I've yet to visit.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

QUOTE JAMES 691...
"I've had a glimpse of your company and I will give it a miss."

While I understand that the Mods have a difficult job, and can answer questions while representing ABR, I do not understand the total disregard of the rules that the rest of the forum users are supposed to abide by.
The frankly ignorant and arrogant way in which Ben750 was answered is intolerable, and as the post has stood for some hours I can only take it that ABR backs the comments.
THE RULES
No derogatory comments against others, including slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, or political affiliation. No personal threats or harassment.
Always treat fellow posters with respect and courtesy.
Responses within a thread must remain "on topic" to that thread. The mods will exercise discretion and will delete posts within a thread that appear to "invade" the thread or digress from its subject.
Therefore I can only assume that judging by the comment made members are held in the lowest regard, and only the "Team" are allowed to express opinions.
I would consider myself to be liberal in my outlook, however the way in which things have turned sends a shudder down ones spine with dark overtures of big brother.
In closing I wonder how long this post will last without it being deleted?
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Not wishing to tread on anyones toes or get into the politics of what went on and who said what but, as a member of the East Anglian Bimblers, I would have thought it more prudent to hand over the reins of the Rally to another member of the EAB. Graham (suffolkgsrider) has put a lot of time into this event mapping out and planning the routes for the road/off-road ride-outs and there are other members who have also put in quite a bit of time.

I am not putting myself forward as I am crap at organising things like this and I also have plenty of other stuff on at the moment.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
GB

Post by GB »

:popcorn:
Finally back on a GS :D
GB

Post by GB »

Bonniebird wrote:Just one question James......do I have to walk across a swamp to get to the pub? :whistle: :laugh:
Better leave for the pub now then Bonnie, its a very long walk.
Finally back on a GS :D
James691

ABR Norfolk Convo Thread

Post by James691 »

Hiya Folks

I keep registration threads for rallies clean, as in delete the posts once they have been seen and I have done an update. It saves me missing anyone asking to come 15 pages in.

It is the same I have done with the Holy Grail Registration thread.

I hope you can appreciate that I run a few things on the forum and need things to be simple on some situations.

Feel free to chat away or pop up suggestions for the rally here :)

Cheers
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Post by James691 »

This is the rally registration thread folks.

I just need to know if you are coming to the rally or not :) after the update I will remove the post to keep the thread clear. I don't want to miss someone registering 9 pages in. This is the same as I have done with the Holy Grail Rally.

If you have suggestions or want to chat about the rally then post HERE

Cheers.
Dancing in the moonlight
sohoeasy

Re: ABR Norfolking Around Rally 11th to 13th May 2012 Registration.

Post by sohoeasy »

I will not be attending this meeting, please remove my name from the list.

( I have no idea what has been going on here as I haven't read anything to do with anything,but there seems to have been a general undercurrent of unrest recently. I have no wish to be a part of ANY unrest.}

I shall however continue to remain chilled and ride. :) :cheer: :) keep smiling everybody !
Elle

Post by Elle »

I'm not sure what's been going on, but I'd like to go to this event if there's space :)
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

Return to “ABR Norfolk Rally Holt 11th - 13th May 2012”