Boil Rally Feedback

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
James691

Re: Boil Rally Feedback

Post by James691 »

Fantastic Paul and many thanks to you and a big hug to Maria.

Fire pits - that's rather an overkill :laugh: :laugh: Perhaps a few half oil drum in each field a bit away from the tents would keep all happy and make for two gathering spots as we tend to mingle around anyway. I'm sure you and Maria can look into what you feel works best on that.

Teddy Bear aka Craigrevo - Ride Outs. What I will be doing for mine from now on is setting legs. Have a back rider with a satnav with the destination of the next RV stage. So if some do lag off the pace then the back rider would bring them to the next meetings area and we would then set off again ;)

I will also be making more time for smoke, tea and picture taking breaks.

Feedback is a wonderful things and thank you all for your time and your views on this.

James
Dancing in the moonlight
scouse

Post by scouse »

Just call me Cassandra... didn't I mention originally that advance payment is a good way of encouraging people to turn up ;)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
davsato

Post by davsato »

africajim wrote:
BBQ.jpg
thats no good jim, you'll never get 60 of us under that!

re;firepits,
i dont suppose P&M want to permanently dig holes in their lawn and lose the flexibility of the empty field, or have burn marks on it either.
1 BBQ that gets lit and left all night for people to cook their own stuff on would be great but i dont know how that would fit in with the H&S nazis if the site got inspected. ive heard of sites that hire out "firewoks" and bags of wood/charcoal, means people can have their fires but on your terms with your kit? or those cheap bucket BBQs?
Dave
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Thoughts from Lizzie & Mr Toad:

Informal worked well, though agree a notice area for ride out details & a 'welcome' would be good for future events. The curry was a fantastic idea for 1st night - it was a good ice breaker & opportunity for people to meet up / mix, the food was excellent and it helped raise money for a good cause.

Men can't resist making fires when camping (especially when alcohol is involved) so a designated area would be good to save damaging the grass (or tents!).

Agree that a longer meeting would be good as well as other meets throughout the year in different parts of the country (as well not instead of Takoda).

Thought the Boil Rally was great and it would be a shame to change it too much - if it aint broke don't fix it springs to mind.
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

Lizzie wrote:
if it aint broke don't fix it springs to mind.
I think you hit the nail on the head there. Nice One... :)
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”