Camp Fires?

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
James691

Camp Fires?

Post by James691 »

Hi Paul,

Are camp fires allowed at the site? Just thinking on or I will have to try and find a stove - plenty of options in the mag so I am sorted there. I just tend to dig a sod section up, rock it and cook on the open fire.

Also good for a bigger fire to all sit round in the night - but if you would rather not have fires then that's cool mate.

Thanks in advance

James
Dancing in the moonlight
Lancastermick

Re: Camp Fires?

Post by Lancastermick »

A fire-pit would be cracking mate and I've always found James's turf and stone technique to be very unobtrusive once put back. ;)
That said, it's a new campsite so fully understand if you're not into it. :)
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Just put a few bits of turf over the top. He will never notice. Ok I think im just being a trouble maker now.
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

scouse

Post by scouse »

Not wishing to be a wet blanket, having gone through this issue with getting other events insured it might possibly void the site PL insurance and considering the winds that have been forecast it might be a bad idea... been to too many rallies where tents have been ruined by hot ashes from bonfires carried on the wind after you get a flare up when it changes direction.

Unless someone is off down the crossroads with a sacrificial chicken at midnight on Thursday that's the one factor that will remain unpredictable... ;)

Then again was at one once where a neighbouring farmer , knowing the direction of the wind provided us with free firewood and fireworks on the rally field ... and yes there was a field of over-ripe barley that caught fire "accidentaly" ... hmmm... :whistle:
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”