Road riders here

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
Barnman

Road riders here

Post by Barnman »

Can we start a list of those riders that want to follow the roads on the boil rally ride out.

It would be helpful if you could indicate what you think a reasonable length ride is for the day (in miles) so that we can try and optimise it around the 'must sees' for those that haven't seen the area before.

In line with previous threads, we are thinking about lakes, passes and little lanes as opposed to fast roads, but if you want different then just say so, or forever hold your peace :laugh:

Please indicate if you would be happy to lead a group, if provided with directions etc.

Alternatively, we could plan it on a 'road rally' basis, where you have to do your own navigation, and maybe even have clues for you to solve on the journey. This could be a little competition for presentation at the camp in the evening. I have done these in cars before and have been great fun. What do you think?
Alun

Re: Road riders here

Post by Alun »

I'm sticking to tarmac on this one.

Happy to lead a group. Lakes, passes and a national park HQ to tick off would be great.

Road rally sounds good too.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

I'm doing the road also, apart from wanting to ride home, there is such amazing beauty in the lakes that I don't want the added distraction of trail riding.
The rally sounds great fun also, can't wait.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
doctorzippy

Post by doctorzippy »

I'm up for the roads, happy to lead a group and have sat nav so I can find my way back when I've got lost (or as I like to think of it "visiting places I hadn't planned to").

Love the rally idea. Even more of an excuse to get lost. We can arrange a prize for highest mileage to get to the waypoints instead of lowest mileage - to reward those who seek adventure and enjoy the journey more than the destination :laugh:
Life is a journey, not a destination
scouse

Post by scouse »

Kinda looking toward the roads... currently waiting to finish work to get home and whip the rear off as it keeps deflating over a couple of days . Off to the tyre doctor for a check over tomorrow morning. If it is as we suspect the rim don't want go too far from the beaten track... just in case...
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

Stick me on the road list please. I have no sat nav only a map & compass.
icon_thumbs_2011-03-25.gif
icon_thumbs_2011-03-25.gif (139 Bytes) Viewed 2062 times
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

I am a Roadie as well .

I like the idea of road rally.

I have basic satnav. post codes only
Question . Is there going to be road groups based on speed / experience if so I will volunteer to head up the slow riders group!

I just dont like being rushed or feel Iam holding people up, especially in a new place .
davsato

Post by davsato »

roads for me&mate too, varadero&V-strom too heavy to wang round on mud unless youre cyril despres. neither of us are.
got gps, dont mind leading a small group but you will also need halfway men and tailenders who know where they are going too, unless you do the 2nd man drop off?
the rally sounds good too
Dave
scrambled eggs

Post by scrambled eggs »

Road for me 2 please 990 only has road tyres so that would be a recipt for desaster !
Paul

Post by Paul »

Tarmac for me and Maria please, Im with "Largewayround" and would prefer to be tailend charlie, bimbling along being nosey.

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”