THE RALLY IS BOILING OVER !

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
Paul

THE RALLY IS BOILING OVER !

Post by Paul »

Dear ABR peoples,

THE BOIL RALLY IS FULLY BOOKED!!!!!

Thought I better post something seperate from Booking the boil.
We have had a fantastic response for the rally and are now fully booked.

We have 60 tents occupied by 71 people, we are really happy and looking forward to a great weekend.

Thanks
Paul & Maria.
Alun

Re: THE RALLY IS BOILING OVER !

Post by Alun »

I hope this is a good omen for your new business Paul. I drink Guinness by the way :whistle:
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

Alun wrote:I hope this is a good omen for your new business Paul. I drink Guinness by the way :whistle:
I'll swing one in for you alun
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Great news Paul. B)
James691

Post by James691 »

Excellent :) ........ post it and they will come ;)
Dancing in the moonlight
scouse

Post by scouse »

Just a thought , but to cover any extra running expenses for getting things in place for this, might it be better to give peeps the option of paying a small deposit?

Kind of usually encourages peeps to actually turn up for events if they have a deposit already paid or even a ticket ;)

Just basing this on the way I have seen things organised in the past via other forums and places slowly lose punters who are actually attending as the date gets closer.

Not say it will happen here though... but as someone who has also been part of motorcycle events teams in the past, it is still the only sure fire way to guarantee people will attend and make sure those who missed the inital call and who would turn up still have a chance to get an empty slot.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
davsato

Post by davsato »

people often find they were "otherwise engaged" when the weather forecast's bad!

i'll pay on the gate or all up front, im not bothered, but a few thoughts occur....

maria has said they can only accept cash so logistically it'll have to be collected on the day, really. im not posting cash and its a lot of kerfuffle (love that word) to print and mail out 70 tickets, this is an informal birthday of the new campsite, i thought. i suppose you could pay by paypal or similar and use the receipt as a ticket? but paypal will still charge extra for paul&maria to get their money, and not everyone has an online payment account like that anyway.

the second thing is, anyone considering or is prone to being a 'no show' please remember P&M have laid on their friend to come in friday night and do us a stonking curry, without asking for any deposit for ingredients which would cost a fair bit for 70 meals. i can come up from the south coast, and im sure several hardy souls from the other end will be there too, so everyone in between should be able to make it rain or shine. so anyone who has booked and doesnt show and doesnt have a good reason should be banned from the forum. this is the first ABR meet, official or otherwise, lets start as we mean to go on, and show some support for other folks sterling efforts
Dave
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

davsato wrote:people often find they were "otherwise engaged" when the weather forecast's bad!

i'll pay on the gate or all up front, im not bothered, but a few thoughts occur....

maria has said they can only accept cash so logistically it'll have to be collected on the day, really. im not posting cash and its a lot of kerfuffle (love that word) to print and mail out 70 tickets, this is an informal birthday of the new campsite, i thought. i suppose you could pay by paypal or similar and use the receipt as a ticket? but paypal will still charge extra for paul&maria to get their money, and not everyone has an online payment account like that anyway.

the second thing is, anyone considering or is prone to being a 'no show' please remember P&M have laid on their friend to come in friday night and do us a stonking curry, without asking for any deposit for ingredients which would cost a fair bit for 70 meals. i can come up from the south coast, and im sure several hardy souls from the other end will be there too, so everyone in between should be able to make it rain or shine. so anyone who has booked and doesnt show and doesnt have a good reason should be banned from the forum. this is the first ABR meet, official or otherwise, lets start as we mean to go on, and show some support for other folks sterling efforts
Here here Dave.
Anyway I don't think that people will not turn up, as I've seen a forecast for 95 degrees.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Willy_Eckerslike

Post by Willy_Eckerslike »

Why not just leave it to the organisers. It looks like they know what they are doing so far.
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper
scouse

Post by scouse »

Willy_Eckerslike wrote:Why not just leave it to the organisers. It looks like they know what they are doing so far.
Like Dave said the fact that someone is aiming to cater for 70 people indicates a lot of investment.

I have been involved in organising bike related events for far too many years and I even have been stung and had to stump up a considerable part of the expenses out of my own pocket as personal punisment for uttering the immortal words " They always come let's not bother with pre-paid tickets this year...."

England promptly beat Germany 5-1 that afternoon and an event that had 300-350 attendees partying into the wee small hours and raising funds for charity for several years previous became a DJ, a band , their mates and the organisers rattling around in a large empty Rugby Club... easy to happen.;)

I also know based on calculating requirements for rally sites that unless Paul and Maria have made a big trip to Costco and bought up a summers supply in advance 70 people can use an awful lot of loo roll. It's the small factors like that this can all add to their running costs.

Just putting forward an option that has worked before to provide a small safety net based on experience of not having it. ;)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”