THE RALLY IS BOILING OVER !

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
Willy_Eckerslike

Re: THE RALLY IS BOILING OVER !

Post by Willy_Eckerslike »

Fair comment, but let's not be throwing around talk of banning people when the forums only just got going. Remember how good the European section of advrider was? Look at it now and it's like a ghost town as far as the UK is concerned and that was after a few members started behaving as if only their opinions had any validity.

Peace and love!
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper
davsato

Post by davsato »

im all for peace and love, but not at the expense of someone elses wallet ya damn hippy! lol

but like you said, P&M have it sorted out, if they are happy and we are happy, then we're all.... happy. and if a few people dont show its no loss, its more curry for me. i mean us, i said us.

good point about the loo roll but i always bring my own anyway, been caught out at too many rallys, shows and campsites! but what about beer? where is the nearest supply? and the second most important thing, bread and bacon? i dont even know where the site is, i'll have to look it up and scout out the nearest offy, us2 are coming up on thursday.

and if its 95degs IM not coming, my gel seat will be too hot to sit on!! thats it, im banned!:angry:
Dave
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Willy_Eckerslike wrote:Fair comment, but let's not be throwing around talk of banning people when the forums only just got going. Remember how good the European section of advrider was? Look at it now and it's like a ghost town as far as the UK is concerned and that was after a few members started behaving as if only their opinions had any validity.

Peace and love!
The only way anyone can get banned from the forum is by breaking forum rules.

The Boil rally is a weekend meeting organised by members not Adventurebikerider.

If people don't turn up it's down to them and them only.

I'll be there, snow drifts permitting. :woohoo:

Lets all just look forward to the first of many. ;)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

Willy_Eckerslike wrote:Fair comment, but let's not be throwing around talk of banning people when the forums only just got going. Remember how good the European section of advrider was? Look at it now and it's like a ghost town as far as the UK is concerned and that was after a few members started behaving as if only their opinions had any validity.

Peace and love!
It's a fair point, the main thing is at £12 a head Paul's doing us a real favour. Worst case scenario, if Paul and Maria look like they're gonna lose out on this I'd be willing to chip in some more to help out. ;)

Maybe create a reserve list offering latecomers a chance if people pull out (that should let people pull out without worry because they know people are waiting to take their place). Timpo(?) on the ADV forum organised an event I went to with this reserve system..if someone pulled out, he messaged the next person on the reserve list and gave them a few days to reply before moving onto the next reservee. I was about 17th on the reserve list and got in by the skin of my teeth.

Congratulations on the full booking by the way.
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
davsato

Post by davsato »

Treadtrader wrote:

Peace and love!

The Boil rally is a weekend meeting organised by members not Adventurebikerider.

im only joking TT, we know all that.
willy, i didnt know there was a euro section of advrider, this isnt the thread to discuss it but now i know, i'll look it up cheers

good point mick, if folks can at least let paul know they cant come he will have a chance to fill the slot.
Dave
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

davsato wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:

Peace and love!

im only joking TT, we know all that.
willy, i didnt know there was a euro section of advrider, this isnt the thread to discuss it but now i know, i'll look it up cheers

good point mick, if folks can at least let paul know they cant come he will have a chance to fill the slot.
I thought that I had a decent idea regarding disappointment under the Booking the Boil thread below.
Obviously wasn't so hot.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
davsato

Post by davsato »

about the nearby seperate site for overflow? nothing wrong with that idea mark
Dave
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

The over flow idea would be perfect if there is a site close. People who haven't managed to get booked in can still travel down, then if somebody doesn't show they can have there spot. If its still full they go to the reserve site.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi everybody, Just having a look through the comments and I have decided I am not going to stress out about the what if's.
Ok if it's chucking it down it may be a flop, but by mid-afternoon when Jesse starts cooking, I guess we will have an idea about whats going to happen.
This is the first weekend that we are open, before we start to deal with Joe public, the investment is for the long haul and I guess the only thing I could lose money on is Jesse's ingredients but I like curry,,,,,, every day for 3 months!!!!!!

As far as toilet rolls go, staying with the indian theme, thats what your left hand is for!

I must admit if I am honest, spending a wet weekend in a tent doesn't do it for me, lets hope the forcast is good it will make all the difference. If it is torrential we have the snug room, I am sure the brave few could bed down in there, better than a wet tent.

What I would ask is, if anyone has booked but knows they can't make it for whatever reason, please don't be shy, let me know, send a pm or give me ring. It may mean we can let a few late-comers in if there are any.

Finally with reference to overflow sites, there are none in Kirkby Stephen, there is another campsite but it's for caravans and the owner is a grumpy old git, the next nearest is Bowber Head in Ravenstonedale, friends of ours but about 5 miles away.
There are however plenty of B&B's in Kirkby Stephen if you fancy splashing out.

See you soon and many thanks,
Paul

If you would like contacts for Bowber Head I can run it by Anthony first, then add their details to this post?
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Thanks for the reply Paul, I don't mind sharing my tent with a total stranger if they can't get in on the Boil.
As long as she's a blonde beer drinking nympho with her own stove and knows how to use it!
On a serious note , posting your friends details is a good idea.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”