ABR Midlands Rally 19th - 21st Aug

Stratford upon Avon, the home town of ABR magazine and some other literary geezer plays host.
V-Rider

Re: ABR Midlands Rally 19th - 21st Aug

Post by V-Rider »

Mr Toad wrote:
Well I couldn't find another hangar anywhere on eBay, and an owner on the Versys owners forum sold one for £6! I had to fork out £52.50 for one from the dealership. Never mind eh? Lesson learned!

Just a case of finding a new rear tyre now as the rear was punctured near the edge and showing cord when I got home. If I'd have known I wouldnt have done 80 down the motorways! :blink: [/quote]

Good to know it's sorted. Biking is never cheap[/quote]

Certainly isn't! Fortunately picked up a BT-021 rear from a very good friend for £20, to rag the hell out of on holiday over the next two weeks, then replace with a new set of Storm 2's B)
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

Right then, finally got it togethor and created a photobucket account to avoid filling the forum with photos and slowing it down. So hopefully, if you look here, you'll see the unedited photos taken on my camera. :)

Great fun. Cheers again to all involved. :)
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Some great photos there mate.
You've really captured the mood, thank you.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

I love the photo of Jim Lovell on his machine! :) :laugh: :laugh:

ABR Midlands 137.jpg
ABR Midlands 137.jpg (98.26 KiB) Viewed 6951 times
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
davec

Post by davec »

Slideshow
Hi all, my second attempt at posting a slideshow... An assortment of my favourite photos from last week including some of the trail rides that Sue and I did around Gloucester and the ride home from the rally. Mostly Sue's photos I have to say.

For anyone that's interested, Sue rode her CRF 230 down to the Dawn to Dusk at Walters Arena this weekend and very bravely took part in the 6 hour team event with her friend Swavek, her first ever race. Swavek also took part in the 10 hour big bike race on his Tenere.
Slideshow2
I got a motorbike for my wife...

Best swap I ever made.
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

It's like some rock band's album cover :lol:
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Lancastermick wrote:I love the photo of Jim Lovell on his machine! :) :laugh: :laugh:

ABR Midlands 137.jpg
Ive heard that technical off road sections can be easier on a lighter bike but this is a bit extreme!! This should be the cover for issue 7 :)
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

scouse

Post by scouse »

Just as an update... the final drive... we wouldn't have been able to fix it after all. So far has taken many big hammers,bearing pullers an angle grinder, digital verniers a freezer, blow torch and heat gun... the roller bearing and journal for the pinion were toast as well, the magnetic plug was covered in silver "grinding paste" and thankfully the the two other bearings are 2RS so don't appear to need replacing as they still feel smooth.

Hopefully when the new bearing shows up tomorrow it will be in tolerance then I can just bolt it back together again if not I will need to order shims , get the Engineers Blue out and start fretting!

BTW Ken that big o-ring - I have no idea what it is off as it doesn't even show up on the parts fiches! Think you will need a chat with Motorworks! Thank you so much for donating the bits you did, and I will get the new parts back to you ASAP.

If anyone can advise of a reputable company capable of rebuilding the FD for me to the expected life span (200,000 miles) can someone give me a shout as to be honest based on conversations I don't trust the local dealers to do it with any more accuracy than I have, and possibly this winter will pop it off and get it rebuilt as the bearing are actually quite cheap. And all the parts for rebuild will cost just over a ton which is more than can be said for the 1200 FD !
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
scouse

Post by scouse »

Bryn... You didn't drop the bike at all ...did you ;) :whistle:
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

scouse wrote:Bryn... You didn't drop the bike at all ...did you ;) :whistle:
Might have, but I didn't have an off ;)

Return to “ABR MIDLANDS SIMMER RALLY 19th-21st Aug”