Brum to Ullapool - including "Nature Rally"

The 'up north' ABR Rally in Ullapool, Scotland
Peejay

Re: Brum to Ullapool - including "Nature Rally"

Post by Peejay »

simon-vstrom wrote:Sounds tempting... I'm from Bristol so I'll ride past Brommy-land.

One question. Excuse my ignorance, but what do the Nature Rally numbers mean?

Simon
Simon, I'll be heading up from Bristol via Stratford to meet Alun.

PS. look up the Nature rally under board catagories.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Just a little reminder, if you'd like to join a few of us from the Midlands on the trip up to Ullapool then you're more than welcome.

Starting from the motorcycle park in Stratford upon Avon at 9am. Aiming to get as far north as Fort William (or there abouts) for Thursday night.
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

See you at Stratford Alun, ready to haul ass well up north. :pinch:
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I'm hopefully setting off for Ullapool Thu early was hoping to do the ride all in one but have been thinking about stopping in the Kinlochleven/Glencoe area as I know it well from my pre65 trial visits, so if you see a guy with a white tiger struggling to put a tent up come over & help as its new & as of yet I haven't(foolishly)had a trial run with it!!!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
simon-vstrom

Post by simon-vstrom »

Peejay, thanks for the reply. I can't get the time off work to join you, but I did lookup the ABR Nature Rally and it sounds great!! I'm up for the Gold medal next year!!

Have fun in Scotland...
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

lancashirelad wrote:I'm hopefully setting off for Ullapool Thu early was hoping to do the ride all in one but have been thinking about stopping in the Kinlochleven/Glencoe area as I know it well from my pre65 trial visits, so if you see a guy with a white tiger struggling to put a tent up come over & help as its new & as of yet I haven't(foolishly)had a trial run with it!!!!
Not sure where we are stopping but used Kinlochleven before and is a great site, so if we see you struggling, we'll be straight over to take the p**s
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Peejay

Post by Peejay »

simon-vstrom wrote:Peejay, thanks for the reply. I can't get the time off work to join you, but I did lookup the ABR Nature Rally and it sounds great!! I'm up for the Gold medal next year!!

Have fun in Scotland...
Thats a shame Simon, have a try for the Wales Rally next month. :)
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Not sure where we are stopping but used Kinlochleven before and is a great site, so if we see you struggling, we'll be straight over to take the p**s[/quote]

It must be 35yr since I've camped so I may be safer in the bunkhouse I take it you mean the Blackwater campsite I've walked past it many a time on the way to the famous pipeline trials section but never camped there.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

lancashirelad wrote:Not sure where we are stopping but used Kinlochleven before and is a great site, so if we see you struggling, we'll be straight over to take the p**s
It must be 35yr since I've camped so I may be safer in the bunkhouse I take it you mean the Blackwater campsite I've walked past it many a time on the way to the famous pipeline trials section but never camped there.[/quote]

Not Blackwater but this one is good and offer a good taxi service to the local hotel for refreshments :whistle:

http://www.kinlochlevencaravans.com/index.asp
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

I would sugest if you want to do that the best route would be
M77 on to the M8 cross the clyde over the Erkine bridge to Helensburgh (cracking twisty road Garlochhead to Arrochar watch for cars crossing the middle of the road) To Ardgarten (No3)Look out for the giant eagle :cheer: Double back onto the A82 to Balloch (No4)
Take the A811 out of Balloch onto the A81 up to Aberfoyle (No2) I would forget No1 at the moment as you need to cross scotland to get it, Carry on the A81 and over the "Dukes pass" another biker road pick up the A84 at Killmahog on to the "Green welly"at Tyndrum for a bacon buttie. Drag your self away to Glencoe - Fort William then the A83 to Mallaig Ferry to Skye and on to Ullapool. Pick up the Cairngorm on the road back down.

My two cents worth....:)

Return to “ABR HIGHLAND SIMMER RALLY - 23/25th SEPT 2011”