Highland ABR Rally Ullapool 23-25th September 2011

The 'up north' ABR Rally in Ullapool, Scotland
Glider65

Re: Highland ABR Rally Ullapool 23-25th September 2011

Post by Glider65 »

Just got back to Leeds. What a great Rally - Well done to the guys for organizing it. I can honestly say, the ride I had out with Craig was the best road I have ever gone down - and that includes the North coast of South Island (New Zealand) (though that was on a VFR)

I'll upload my pictures, and with a following wind, I might have some video too.

Hello to Graeme, Mike, Paul and Richard too - what a great tour of all the full restaurants you showed me in Ullapool - and the conversation was good fun too! Pity you forced me to have three pints - I was up in the night for a stroll to the facilities :huh:

Thoughts go to Dave, hope he makes as quick a recovery as possible.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

prooney377 wrote:Thoughts go out and I hope you will all wish Diddy Dave all the best. He was travelling up with JK Clive when he had a bad off on the M6 at Carlisle and ended up writing his bike off and in Carlisle hospital with broken bones and severe road rash. Going to need a skin graft on his elbow and at least one operation on his arm. Get well soon mate.
prooney,

Thanks for letting us know.

If your able, pass on everyone's best wishes and let him know we are thinking about him

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Paul

Post by Paul »

A fantastic rally, only spoilt by missing diddy-Dave, spoke to him on Friday night and he seemed in good spirits, probably the morphene. I had to talk to him to get instructions on how to look after JK Clive (his best mate) when the Stella starts flowing. JK wasn't impressed when I wouldn't make his breakfast though!

Get well soon Diddy-Dave,
Love, Paul & Maria.....
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Got home about 17.00 what a great weekend nice to meet so many folk & put faces to a few names.
Peter's Tiger didn't make it home though the rear wheel bearing finally threw in the towel on the M74 & he journeyed home courtesy of Carole Nash breakdown service!!!!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Glider65

Post by Glider65 »

Aha! So that's what he was doing lying beside that wooden fence - and I thought it was just because Tiger Riders don't sit on the fence!
Snowedin

Post by Snowedin »

Just back home to Aberdeen after a wet but enjoyable ride down to Ft Bill with Graham, Paul, other Mike and Dave.

Nice to meet everyone (hope you got back in time Richard...) and thanks to Steve, Craig and Austin and everyone else for making it happen.

Until the next time....

Cheers,

Mike
Glider65

Post by Glider65 »

I have just a tiny weeny bit of video, (1.5 hours) that I will be editing down. :woohoo:
Zenarchy

Post by Zenarchy »

Sorry to hear that someone had an off on the way up :( Hope he's doing OK and is on the mend soon, and that everyone got back safe.

Had a great time and was very nice to meet you :)

Big thanks to whoever left me some cans in my tent when I got back (think it might have been RickSkye - if it was thanks mate - and sorry I didn't get to say goodbye - thought I'd be back in an hour or so and you'd still be around but ended up getting a bit lost and got back just before dark and you were gone - stumbled across some stunning roads in the process though).

I got back late last night eventually after a little bike trouble (looks like I might need a new back disk now).

As I was last leaving, the campsite guy gave me a couple of sidestand pucks that he'd found in the grass. One's a red MCN, the other a blue Highways Agency one. If anyone wants to claim them if you can PM me your address and I'll stick them in the post to you.

Can't believe the weather reports thismorning - looks like I should have stayed a few more days or tried to make it to camp in the lakes afterall - seems we've got the hottest week for this time of year ever ahead of us if the weather people are right. Off to hunt for somewhere to buy pads and a disk now to see if I can get away again for a bit of sunshine.
Alun

Post by Alun »

A big thanks to all who stepped up to the plate and made the ABR Ullapool Rally a great weekend gathering. Steve T, LWR and Africa Jim (and anyone else who played a part in the organisation) I salute you and will defo be up again next year.

It was also great to meet old and new ABR'ers who also played a part in making it a great weekend. Thank you all.

I've travelled to Scotland many times in the past but never further north than Toridon. My thinking was that to go any further would just be more of the same but with smaller mountains. Well, now I know what I've been missing out on. I was blown away by the scenery in Sutherland, totally unexpected and like being on a different planet when compared to the rest of the west coast. The scenery reminded me very much of the northern regions of Finland and Sweden; it truly is a vast, empty wilderness on a grand scale. You lucky, lucky Highlanders.
fionaann

Post by fionaann »

100_2420.JPG
100_2420.JPG (46.54 KiB) Viewed 6951 times
Hi everyone. well the weekend was out of this world, i loved every second, everyone made me feel welcome and involved,thank you to steve T, davecopland, LWR, jim and many many others, i enjoyed the rideout with LWR and the other guys, :P even the weather didnt put me down, cant wait to do it again. i would like to thank my boyfriend jim (africajim) for a wonderful weekend, you always make me laugh, :woohoo: and look after me, Steve T said my driving was good, thanks steve. cant wait to see everyone again, :kiss:
Life is for living so go out there and live it, have fun, be happy.

Return to “ABR HIGHLAND SIMMER RALLY - 23/25th SEPT 2011”