pillions

Join the Crusade
stromtrooper

pillions

Post by stromtrooper »

How about an award for the long suffering pillions like my partner who get dragged around the country in fair weather and foul on these rallies ?
Hacknslash

Re: pillions

Post by Hacknslash »

Hi stromtrooper

I agree, my pillion sruggles with long distance trips. So my cunning plan is to break the trip into smaller manageable chunks. Ie stop every hour for 5 mins walk, every other hour coffee break.

I realise my total journey time will increase, but maybe after a few more trips. we can gradually increase the riding time.

Ian

The Geek shall inherit the Earth.
Selous

Post by Selous »

Hacknslash wrote:Hi stromtrooper

I agree, my pillion sruggles with long distance trips. So my cunning plan is to break the trip into smaller manageable chunks. Ie stop every hour for 5 mins walk, every other hour coffee break.

I realise my total journey time will increase, but maybe after a few more trips. we can gradually increase the riding time.

Ian
My Pillion Loves it so much she now wants to learn to Ride, (got her the 125), my prezzie to her is her CBT this wens.

Hacknslash I stop about every 3 hours = Suffolk / Essex, Borders to Eastbourne type of distance, we stop for a cuppa for about 30 min, then on give it another 2 hours or so then stop for pee/leg stretch break, then depending how much further will depend on stopping, we not out to just get a numb bum! well me & my pillion aren't any way, out to enjoy the ride as well.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
stromtrooper

Post by stromtrooper »

my partner(Sarah) is getting used to it now as shes done the nature rally with me, I ride untill I need fuel and then have a break at the same time, rather than have breaks at a set time and it seems to work ok
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Having a good pillion who does the miles and likes camping is what it's all about for me :) .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

My missus used to fall asleep and was no trouble but I made the mistake of talking her into learing to ride. Now we have to do everything at her speed and stop when she needs to or I risk losing her.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
scouse

Post by scouse »

dubber68 wrote:My missus used to fall asleep and was no trouble but I made the mistake of talking her into learing to ride. Now we have to do everything at her speed and stop when she needs to or I risk losing her.
Get some simple radios... then she can't keep gabbing to you ( which seems to be the reason most blokes shy away from them... :D ) as they are useless above town speeds without spending big bucks but you will be able to hear when she break "squelch" by the tone. We have done this with two tones for a pee stop and three for a tea stop type signals :D As long as they keep you in sight jobs a good 'un :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “ABR Holy Grail Rally 2012”