West Wales weekend 2014..............

big al

Re: West Wales weekend 2014..............

Post by big al »

Quick update for camping.
Please book in at the house with Robert in West hook farm before going into the camping field as he needs to know who is there and will take your registration numbers for safety purposes and head count.

I know I've asked before but please tell me if you want food, (thumbs) because the food order is to be placed this week and I don't want anybody to go without.
We will be serving food in the Barn as usual and supping some medicine afterwards.
If enough people donate to the raffle then this will go ahead as usual.
Thee will be ABR signs posted from Haverfordwest outskirts heading to West hook farm, ( please keep an eye out ).
If anyone wants to call at my home before heading west then you can follow me down on some interesting roads to the campsite :whistle:
Keep logging in on West wales weekend for future updates.
Looking forward to it.
Al (thumbs)
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Al
I have a number plate, splash guardy type thing, for a GSy type thing that you can have (Perrrrlease) I got it last year, too much falling down juice me thinks, as I have a KTM :silly:
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Hello Al,
Not long now. :blink:
Hope you've got the Joke Book ready :silly: cause I'm bringing a bigger handkerchief this time.
See there's a where is it @ the bottom of the participants list on the events callendar.
Might be worth editing it with the campsite web address, as it only states Marlowes, & people could get lost between the village & the farm. :whistle:
Wish I lived in pontarddulais cause when people ask where do you come from I could say PONTARDDULAIS & they'd think I was Greek.
See you soon for some wonderful Welsh hospitality & wet rain. Brian.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
tefflon

Post by tefflon »

Hi Al
Well as you no I'm in sunny Greece and the weather hear is 39 degs yes it's hot
Well you got my txt telling you that iv broken my wrist so it's looking like I'm going to miss the west wales rally
. But on my return to the Uk I will be calling In at my local A&E to get them to check it out .

I'm plastered up past my elbow and a bit pee off in some pain but iv found if I drink the local beer it's helps no end

Ta steve
big al

Post by big al »

Nooooooooooo,
You can't miss West Wales weekend, if your not coming down on the bike I'll come and get you in my new Astra........ Estate (white), and you can keep Ethil company.
By the way, have you seen her lately, I bet she's been on her travels again.
Al
big al

Post by big al »

West wales weekend campsite is West Hook farm In Marloes.please take a look at their website site.
www.westhookfarm-camping.co.uk.
See ya. All there.
Al
rwa.martin

Post by rwa.martin »

Hi All -

As a Pembrokeshire resident I thought those of you travelling in from away might like a bit of local knowledge before you get here. It’s a bit of a brain dump and I have probably missed stuff. If you’ve got any specific questions let me know and I’ll do my best to help.
Rich.

MOTORCYCLE PARTS/SERVICE
There are a few motorcycle places in Pembrokeshire offering varying levels of parts, service and sales. Only Halfords will be open Sunday, but all are likely to be available Friday/Saturday/Monday If you have a “mechanical”.

Carew – West Wales Motorcycles – 01646-685900
Crymych – BrooksBarn – 01239-831170
Fishguard – Brian Laugharne – 01348-874648
Haverfordwest – Merlin Auto Services -01437-768434
Haverfordwest - Halfords
Llandissilio – Lamos - 01437 563678
Neyland - Celtic Scooters and Motorcycles – 01646 601984

FUEL
I don’t know of a garage west of Haverfordwest on the Marloes road. There may be something down there but I would suggest topping the tank off in town. Tescos or Morrisons is probably cheapest. Other garages are on the A40 on the Fishguard Road, a Murco by the hospital and a BP in Johnstown on the road to Milford (a bit off route).

Fuel is scarce in the more remote parts on Sundays and after 8pm. Across the Preseli Hills (Cardigan to Haverfordwest) there is a garage at Crosswell and a couple of garages in my village (Maenclochog).

Crymych and Glandy Cross (Cardigan to Narberth road) have garages.

There is a garage in Goodwick, down by the ferry terminal and there is one in Fishguard but it was being renovated when I was last there so don’t rely on it.

There is also a garage in Croesgoch on the St. Davids road and in St. Davids on the main road to Haverfordwest.

EMERGENCIES
Withybush Hospital in Haverfordwest is the only accident and emergency unit I’m aware of.

PARKING
Parking at beaches ie Whitesands, Newport, Solva etc. is usually pay on entry - £3 is usually the going rate.

SPEED CAMERAS
I don’t know of any speed cameras in Pembrokeshire. There is a mobile van that is used. It is regularly on the 30mph limit at Newgale beach and also in the 30mph limit in Tufton on the Cardigan to Haverfordwest road. Dyfed-Powys Police have a black unmarked Volvo traffic car which I think is based in Haverfordwest. There may be others in Ceredigion or Carmarthenshire.

OTHER GOTCHAS
Cattle grids – there are a couple over the Preselis on the Cardigan to Haverfordwest road. Not ridden them so don’t know what they’re like on a bike but they’re ok in a car.
The council have been spraying and spreading chippings on a lot of the roads recently. The rain has washed a lot of these into piles on the bends so take care.

CAFE STOPS
Lawrenny Quay – the Quayside Cafe
Angle – Wavecrest
Trefin – The Mill
Efailwen (Cardigan to Narberth road) - Cafe Beca (Bacon Butties/Fry ups)
Newport (just before, on the Cardigan to Fishguard road) – Burger Van.
Withybush Airfield (off the A40 to Fishguard) Propellers Cafe (bacon/egg etc).
Showground Cafe - Off the R/A by Days Garage leaving Days to your left. 0.5 miles, turn left into showground then right.

Hope this helps.
QuickNick

Post by QuickNick »

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Steve, hope all is well soon, you still have one good arm to stir the cawl with, so get your arse down to West Wales yah northern Jessie :unsure:
mr_diver

Post by mr_diver »

Have just confirmed with the works diary and I am off for the Saturday and Sunday.

SWMBO allowing, I shall be there for at least one day, maybe both.

I'm not a fan of cawl... more the other Welsh National dish... you know- Cheese on toast. (thumbs) so I'll pass on the grub thanks.

Has there been any ride routes planned out yet? I'm leading the V-Strom rabble around there next weekend on our big [strike]drinking[/strike] meet weekend in Carmarthen, so i'd rather not be repeating the same route for the 20th time this year. (I'm there allot)

SWMBO has just informed me she has also got that weekend off... so she may attend on the Marauder and go walking in the day.
The Rantings of A Crazed Lunatic.

IndigoSteve

Post by IndigoSteve »

I'll be there on a GSA but the Mrs is working on the Friday so I'll be arriving late, late, late on the Friday. If the question about food is for Sat eve then Yes please for me.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all

Steve

Return to “ABR West Wales Rally 12 to 14th September 2014”