Post by suzivstrom650 »

SAM_0870.JPG
SAM_0870.JPG (47.58 KiB) Viewed 7156 times
SAM_0863.JPG
SAM_0863.JPG (35.83 KiB) Viewed 7156 times
Flintlock

Re: Sign Up thread - ABR Ireland 2016 29 April - 1 May

Post by Flintlock »

A big thankyou for all those that attended, a great turnout considering the weather on the run up. Turns out the weather was dead on for the most of the weekend.

A special thanks for those that made the effort to attend from further afield-hope you were not dissapointed.

Thanks to Heff & Gubbo for helping to keep the group rideout togeher & to the participants who made it easy to lead

I will put a wee weekend report together soon.

All being well i will see you all next year, if not before. (thumbs)

Now where's the paracetamol :whistle:
wideparting

Post by wideparting »

many thanks everyone for a great weekend,especially heff and flintlock for fantastic organisational skills. thanks again.j
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

I must echo what everyone else has said so far a great weekend
With a well planned and organised ride out on the Saturday well led and marshalled from start to Finnish
A big thanks to Flintlock for leading, and thanks for Gubbo and Heff for mopping up (thumbs)

I think the rideout was also helped by all the riders taking it easy and marking the corners with no mad overtakers thanks to all who took part Image
Posh Camping at the Shepardsrest thanks to Heff (thumbs)
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

A few from the weekend Image
Leaving Holyhead on the Swift ferryImageImage
A 1 Breakfast venue in Rousky ?Image
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Just a few more from the weekend ImageImageImageImage
Atlantic View from the Cliffs of Magho ImageImage
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Some great pictures there Rederic.

The breakfast venue was in the village of Gortin, just down the road from Rousky
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

Once again massive thanks to flintlock,heff,suzivstrom etc for showing me genuine friendship year on year and this time to my mrs also,it is something we will never forget,you are all great,thanks for making it the HIGHLIGHT of my year.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

The weekend is still not over for me, catching the ferry this morning from Larne. A big thank you to the organisers Flintlock and Heff, organised to military precision. Great ride out on Saturday, big ride outs are usually not my bag, however, this was spectacular taking in some of the best parts of the beautiful north.
The camp site was top draw, with great facilities , even it's own bothy with peat fire for the cool nights. On the Sunday when most had gone home I managed to get over to Donegal to get a few miles of the WAW in, I will return to do the rest in the next year or so. Met some great people including the Glasgow chapter of the "hillbillys" they were something else. !!!
Glad I took the RT as the weather has been challenging at times especially coming over the Pennines last Thursday night with the snow ploughs out :ohmy:
Looking forward to a leisurely ride back to East yorks today (thumbs)
If I can manage the picture downloading thingy (not managed so far) I'll post later.
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

Whippet wrote:The weekend is still not over for me, catching the ferry this morning from Larne. A big thank you to the organisers Flintlock and Heff, organised to military precision. Great ride out on Saturday, big ride outs are usually not my bag, however, this was spectacular taking in some of the best parts of the beautiful north.
The camp site was top draw, with great facilities , even it's own bothy with peat fire for the cool nights. On the Sunday when most had gone home I managed to get over to Donegal to get a few miles of the WAW in, I will return to do the rest in the next year or so. Met some great people including the Glasgow chapter of the "hillbillys" they were something else. !!!
Glad I took the RT as the weather has been challenging at times especially coming over the Pennines last Thursday night with the snow ploughs out :ohmy:
Looking forward to a leisurely ride back to East yorks today (thumbs)
If I can manage the picture downloading thingy (not managed so far) I'll post later.
was good to meet up with you again,hopefully will catch up on another rally.got my cardo working I hadn't put it in discover mode,think I had a head full of broken biscuits and Guinness that day.cheers tony

Return to “ABR Ireland 2016 29 April - 1 May”