This website

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Alun

This website

Post by Alun »

I've about two weeks of tinkering with the design, function and stability of this site before turning my attention more towards content? As is the case when I get stuck into these things I'm becoming a little blind as to what I'm looking at i.e. I know the functionality of this website so well I'm doing things instinctively. And that's always a danger as I'm not seeing it through the eyes of site visitors.

So here's a couple of requests;

*Is there any area of this site that's confusing or you feel needs to be changed?

*Is there any other functionality or features you would like to see or would improve this site I.e. (maybe) a place to buy and sell gear

All answers would be appreciated. Thanks.
Alun

Re:This website - update

Post by Alun »

Bump

I reckon I've about a week left with the tinkering before switching most of my attention to content and then promoting the site.

So;

Any areas of the site confusing?

Any other features you'd like to see?

Anyone want to help with content/editorial duties? If so PM me and we'll take it from there.

One idea for a site feature could be a reverse auction facility i.e. if you're looking to buy a motorcycle or any other bike related product you could post up what you need and then others can submit a quote - what do you think. I know for this to work well we need more people active on the site but as we're already getting over 2500 unique visitors a week, it could have legs. It would be unique in the motorcycle webworld.

Any views or suggestions would be most welcome
scouse

Post by scouse »

Is it possible to split the tech area into specific marques or models.

I ride GS's and KLR's but would have really liked to get into an in depth conversation with the VanVan guys as it interests me as a potential town and local exploring bike... but not so much I want to sign up for their forum to get an overview of it... if you see what I mean.

Other Adv sites do it as often most people would get bored with endless threads for the correct jet size for every alltitude type threads and which oild for specific model years :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Alun

Post by Alun »

Yes it is Scouse - would need to do something like this

1 Make a separate Category for 'Bikes' (i.e. like the First Post, or Forum cats)
2 Then a Forum for each individual 'Make' (i.e. BMW, Honda etc) within the 'Bike' Category.
3 And then 'Child Boards' for models. (i.e Van Van, Varadero etc.) within the 'Make' forum

If you think it's worthwhile then I'll do it. Would be good to get other members thoughts on this.
bandit1250gt

Post by bandit1250gt »

I have only been a user for a few weeks and think the site is excellent, I like the fact that bikes/technical advice isn't split into technical areas. I do appreciate that some folk will want to "drill" straight into that area and have deep meaningful conversation about x, Y and Z, there are other forums for that!

Please don't go down the road of other sites and silo all users by the navigation/functional areas.

There you go, not much use I know but one of the reasons I really like the site is because it is not complicated to navigate and so intuitive as it is.

Cheers

Darren
Adrian

Re:This website

Post by Adrian »

I think Darren makes a fair point.
We can sometimes miss out on good generic bike advice by only visiting the section appropriate to our own bikes.
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

bandit1250gt wrote:
There you go, not much use I know but one of the reasons I really like the site is because it is not complicated to navigate and so intuitive as it is.

Cheers

Darren
I agree with Adrian and Bandit...this is the first Forum I've had the confidence to post up on and not feel clueless! :blush:
Alun

Post by Alun »

Good points Darren and well worth considering.

I think as we get more members and more posts then on a practical level it may be best to increase the number of Catagories and Forums but I'm open to all ideas that make the forum a better experience for members. Afterall, the forum is a members area of this site, I just press buttons in the background.
scouse

Re:This website

Post by scouse »

That will be a "NO" then... :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
sallysbuns

Post by sallysbuns »

Any chance of making it slighty easier to put pictures on here, im really not blonde although i may be acting like it.

p.s loving the site

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”