Byway's Section

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
johnnyboxer

Byway's Section

Post by johnnyboxer »

I won't be publishing any of me info for the reasons stated above

I've seen it all before

Crossers on lanes, vans parked at one end

Riders getting lost or going off piste

Large groups

Etc
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
coddy

Re: Byway's Section

Post by coddy »

Was gonna have a rant at victor meldew but can't be bothered now. :laugh:
Tim Cullis

Post by Tim Cullis »

There are sites with green lanes shown, for example, http://www.qwerf.com/greenlaning/?county=surrey

But the best suggestion is to join the TRF (to give legal fighting funds to the central organisation) and go along to your local TRF club night with your own maps and ask to look at their 'master maps' so you can mark up all the stuff that's currently legal.

And then, of course, go out on club rides.
"For sheer delight there is nothing like altitude; it gives one the thrill of adventure
and enlarges the world in which you live," Irving Mather (1892-1966)

Access the Morocco Knowledgebase
hornet

Post by hornet »

I dont do groups but sometimes you need a little help to get going and 45 quid aint much and its such a good cause. Moaning about the TRF is pointless you still don't know where to ride. Do you dont know what they do, and have done in the past, through the group or the local right's of way officer who do huge amounts of work to keep lanes open for everyone.

There is no secret, they arn't treated like "our lanes" just stop being so tight pay up and have a great experience with a group of good blokes who know far more than you can believe.

Or waste hours of time buying maps planing a route getting lost can't find the start of the lane and almost every lane has a fork or two in it. Then riding on lane thats marked on the map but have been closed ,as the maps are only updated every few years with legal status.

Why not just go to a meeting most don't charge and if you show yourself to not be a prat they will probably ask you to join them for a ride. Then you can see for yourself.

Ive taken at least 6 non members out who then joined so we cant be that bad.

Mike G Suffolk TRF

who knows hundreds of miles of lanes in Suffolk Norfolk Cambridgeshire Essex
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
mancunian

Post by mancunian »

Superbly put Mike :)

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”