French Abr Rally

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
PHILinFRANCE

Re: French Abr Rally

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Yep listern to the VAGABOND .....Tramp ;) we're on with it B)
ross dean

Post by ross dean »

Sitting in a campsite in the south of France right now having ridden down through Brittany, the Dordogne and all bits in between. I am up for this and am happy to get involved in the arranging tasks if needed on my return (22nd May).
There is something about life and dress rehearsal that I need to remember ...
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ross...

where have you been :laugh: :laugh: ..we had our own Phiss meet 2 weeks ago down in wet/cold Lot..

an ABR "official Rally" :whistle: will never happen abroad as its far to complicated so we just do our own thing and call it a mini meet ;)
ross dean

Post by ross dean »

Yes ... just noticed that ... must browse the forums more :silly:

Well it's nice here in France at the moment anyway!

Just booked on my first rally at the Sweet Lamb complex 26th May which will keep me busy on my return.

Thanks for the reply Tramp.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

ross dean wrote:Yes ... just noticed that ... must browse the forums more :silly:

Well it's nice here in France at the moment anyway!

Just booked on my first rally at the Sweet Lamb complex 26th May which will keep me busy on my return.

Thanks for the reply Tramp.
You're confused by the two different types of rally aren't you? :whistle:

We need to sort something out so that those of us planning on camping at Sweet Lamb can get together and have a few beers on the Saturday night. I just hope it's a bit warmer than it was at Pikes Peak when I ended up sleeping in my gazebo and admiring the frost on the inside of it when I finally retired for the night.
ross dean

Post by ross dean »

That's the reason!

I am camping on the Saturday night. I'll look on the forum now and see if there is a thread otherwise I'll start one.
James691

Post by James691 »

Hi Ross,

There are many different events.

An ABR event -

Means that ABR will cover the event and during the first year this was to establish an ethos - no profit to be made and nothing commercial at the event - a meeting for riding bikes and talking bikes that got back to basics and has proved very popular.

Meets -

As the events have evolved then more and more people have hosted events. Some find doing a larger event complicated :huh: and so limit the numbers but there is still no charge for the event and they advertise on ABR for free.

This is done by the members and as long as no money is being made from the event then they are more than welcome! You have be quick with some 'meets' due to them becoming FULL but hang about and subscribe to the thread as often people will drop out closer to the time.

Anyone can put on a meet, event or rally - rose by any other name - just post up the idea in the meets and runs section. This also means day rides or off to see an event.

Perhaps this could be used for sports events etc for cheaper prices 'Off to BSB at XXX' if you had enough interested and sorted it out then you may get cheaper group tickets - same with ferries and so on.

Rally events from outside -

This would be the likes of the BMF Rally, they have nothing to do with ABR and have their own liability insurance and organise their event as they see fit. Normally with an advanced entry fee or inflated on gate fee if there are spaces open.
Dancing in the moonlight
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Tramp wrote:
an ABR "official Rally" :whistle: will never happen abroad as its far to complicated
It may just do ;).......
At the beginning of last year I did a bit of work towards it! Southern Normandy,bordering the Mayenne. Field on the edge of the village, toilets and shower, family who own it used to run a greasy spoon in Yorkshire and would lay on grub.FIRE!! Bar 5 mins walk (French menu) owned by a Belgique with beers ranging from Nats piss to treacle and a party cellar where he is happy for lock ins!! Roads and trails galore.

I just need a few bodily repairs and get riding again so just maybe next year :woohoo:

cheers Marc
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

900Fantrider wrote:
Tramp wrote:
an ABR "official Rally" :whistle: will never happen abroad as its far to complicated
It may just do ;).......
At the beginning of last year I did a bit of work towards it! Southern Normandy,bordering the Mayenne. Field on the edge of the village, toilets and shower, family who own it used to run a greasy spoon in Yorkshire and would lay on grub.FIRE!! Bar 5 mins walk (French menu) owned by a Belgique with beers ranging from Nats piss to treacle and a party cellar where he is happy for lock ins!! Roads and trails galore.

I just need a few bobily repairs and get riding again so just maybe next year :woohoo:

cheers Marc
Counting down.

Tick........................................
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
James691

Post by James691 »

Stick my name down for that one Marc - we should both be repaired by then :laugh:
Dancing in the moonlight

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”