Problem with photos

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
Post Reply
User avatar
Heff
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Problem with photos

Post by Heff » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Is there a limit to the number of photos you can upload at any one time?

Im trying to do a ride report and the forum wont let me load anymore than 3 photos. I thought it might be a problem with the file size, so i have resized then to 800x600 but it still wont allow more than 3 !!!

Another problem is when I did add the 3 attachemnts, when I looked at them in the 'Preview' page all was good, but when I went back to the original page, the photos are gone, say that the jpg is no longer available :?:

What am I doing wrong :(

Any ideas ?
If I'm not online.............



I'm probably out on the Bat Bike



Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black

User avatar
Rederic
Posts: 2656
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:22 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Problem with photos

Post by Rederic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:49 pm

If its any help Heff it is the same for me :?
If your not the lead dog the view never change's

User avatar
Oop North John
Posts: 1370
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 am
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Problem with photos

Post by Oop North John » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Three pictures max and random display for the order them :oops:

User avatar
Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4503
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Problem with photos

Post by Alun » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:15 am

Heff wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:52 pm
Is there a limit to the number of photos you can upload at any one time?

Im trying to do a ride report and the forum wont let me load anymore than 3 photos. I thought it might be a problem with the file size, so i have resized then to 800x600 but it still wont allow more than 3 !!!

Another problem is when I did add the 3 attachemnts, when I looked at them in the 'Preview' page all was good, but when I went back to the original page, the photos are gone, say that the jpg is no longer available :?:

What am I doing wrong :(

Any ideas ?

Hi Heff

There is a limit of 3 pics per post so as not to slow down page loading times. Your re-sized pics should be fine and I'm not sure what's happening there. Could you email me the pics at alun (at) adventurizemedia (dot) com and I'll have a go at posting them up in this thread as a test.

User avatar
Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4503
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Problem with photos

Post by Alun » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:17 am

Rederic wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:49 pm
If its any help Heff it is the same for me :?

Hi Rederic, if you could email me a pic you're having problems uploading I'll test it out on this thread. email address in the above post.

User avatar
Rederic
Posts: 2656
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:22 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Problem with photos

Post by Rederic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:12 am

Alun wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:17 am
Rederic wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:49 pm
If its any help Heff it is the same for me :?

Hi Rederic, if you could email me a pic you're having problems uploading I'll test it out on this thread. email address in the above post.
Hi Alun , I don't have a problem posting images I was saying that you only get 3 photos a post
If your not the lead dog the view never change's

User avatar
Gary no 6
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: A photo you took, today

Post by Gary no 6 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Anybody know why some of my photos are loading the wrong way up on laptop but on my phone they are the right way up and can i rotate them ?

User avatar
Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4503
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: A photo you took, today

Post by Alun » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Gary no 6 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:28 pm
Anybody know why some of my photos are loading the wrong way up on laptop but on my phone they are the right way up and can i rotate them ?

Gary, I've moved your post to this thread rather than clogging up a photo thread with posting issues.

I've had a few pics post the wrong way up on forums and the common link was I'd taken them with my phone held the wrong way around. I opened them in a picture viewer and resaved and they posted the right way up. There is no facility on forums to rotate pics once they are posted.

User avatar
Heff
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Problem with photos

Post by Heff » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Alun wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:15 am
Heff wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:52 pm
Is there a limit to the number of photos you can upload at any one time?

Im trying to do a ride report and the forum wont let me load anymore than 3 photos. I thought it might be a problem with the file size, so i have resized then to 800x600 but it still wont allow more than 3 !!!

Another problem is when I did add the 3 attachemnts, when I looked at them in the 'Preview' page all was good, but when I went back to the original page, the photos are gone, say that the jpg is no longer available :?:

What am I doing wrong :(

Any ideas ?

Hi Heff

There is a limit of 3 pics per post so as not to slow down page loading times. Your re-sized pics should be fine and I'm not sure what's happening there. Could you email me the pics at alun (at) adventurizemedia (dot) com and I'll have a go at posting them up in this thread as a test.

Hi Alun

Again as with Rederic, I don’t have problem posting photos but you have answered my question regarding only being able to attach 3 pics per post, so I’ll do my ride report over several posts.

Thanks again
If I'm not online.............



I'm probably out on the Bat Bike



Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black

Post Reply

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests