bring back the old ABR website

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
PHILinFRANCE

Re: bring back the old ABR website

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

FFS don't change it again , i've got sorted with it and i'm as thick as pig shite with computers :lol:
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

It Doesn't matter how you dress the site up with it different functions etc.
What made this forum one of the best were the people and characters that formed the ABR community, unfortunately even before the site transformation many of us were losing interest in the forum, there were far to many keyboard warriors, and when someone actual bothered to post a ride report you could get very little thanks for your effort, but post something political or other non bike related crap and you would have reems and reems of replies.
I still look in occasionally but not often but i will note, this is about the 4th thread about people not liking the new forum and yet i doubt we have had as many ride reports.

And I hate to say it but on a recent trip out i was chatting to someone who used to use this forum and he and the others he was with all thought that the ABR community was know just made up of a bunch of old women who would rather bitch and whinge on a forum than ride
felco

Post by felco »

Its ok & getting used to it, prefer the old layout & posting pictures was easy before, I couldn't even put my Avatar up on this new site! But Allun sorted everything :), says a lot about Abr, met some fantastic friends on here so won't be giving it up, all the ABC crew met on this site, similar to Abr ,
But we stay up later :). There's some nob heads & no it alls but you get that in real life, it's all entertainment, am just fettling mi bike up ready for a Isle of man trail ride next week, will try and post pics on my return :), thats what its all about, o & posting shit when ya pissed --- hic.
cowling

Post by cowling »

Hey John, was that a pissed up hiccup at 7.34pm?
I know it's the weekend but if it is , you got issues.
I'm like you, love abr , great for info, bargains,
Banter, but best for meeting like minded souls!

All my riding mates were, and still are road only,
And I had a craving for the off road stuff and abr
Introduced me to it , through the ABC, adventure
Bunkhouse crew. Now thanks to abr I enjoy both
With some great lads all over the country. :D

Make sure you suss the photos out on the new
Site ,as we need some with a report from your
Pending Isle of Man trip.

Have a great time pal, and up the abr 👍
felco

Post by felco »

Alun wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:52 pm Speaking as a forum user, I agree, it’s taken me time to get used to the look, layout and extra features. Now that I have I also find it far easier to use and the experience on mobile devices is light years ahead of what we had.

Speaking as the forum owner…it just had to be changed. We had to move out of Joomla and keep the forum software separate from the main website CMS for longevity, flexibility and ease of upgrade in the future. The old forum software was over ten year old, creaking at the seams and very vulnerable to virus and malware. It was also holding back our website development.

We are making small, incremental changes to this forum as we move on based on member suggestions (no more big changes for a while) and what we can do as opposed to wished we could do.

Right now the big job going on in the background is trying to merge all the images from the old forum database with this new one whilst keeping disruption to a minimum.
Great your listening Allun, old lads don't like change, I don't mind it, but its happening too fast :), no worries this end now. Ride safe.
felco

Post by felco »

cowling wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:31 am Hey John, was that a pissed up hiccup at 7.34pm?
I know it's the weekend but if it is , you got issues.
I'm like you, love abr , great for info, bargains,
Banter, but best for meeting like minded souls!

All my riding mates were, and still are road only,
And I had a craving for the off road stuff and abr
Introduced me to it , through the ABC, adventure
Bunkhouse crew. Now thanks to abr I enjoy both
With some great lads all over the country. :D

Make sure you suss the photos out on the new
Site ,as we need some with a report from your
Pending Isle of Man trip.

Neil , yes was pissed at that time, finished work & some fool left pub door open & I fell in! ! :)
I o m tomorrow 3 days of trails, anyone living in the Isle of man lock your daughters up! Unless thay want to be bored to death by an old dirt riding fart :) x
Have a great time pal, and up the abr 👍
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

Don’t bring back the old site.

99% of my use is in a mobile or iPad and this forum is 100% better at that.

It does seem very quiet though but hopefully that’ll change come the winter biking lull.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”