Re: IS IT JUST ME

Post by Tramp »

We have all changed...
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG (116.74 KiB) Viewed 3385 times
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

It's not just this forum that has had a drop off of use.
I belong to the 2 main UK XJR forums, the UK XS1100 forum, and the Tiger forum, and they have all noticed it, the Tiger not so much as that is a worldwide thing.
The XJR and XS11 forums are blaming Facebook, but also think with it being the riding season a lot of people are out and about after spending the winter months prepping the bikes.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

We've also noticed it with bikers club france, used to be busy, but since the change of ownership and with it the format, the last post in greenlaning section was August 8th, when it used to have posts each day or so. Couldn't tell you why, maybe times they are a changing :roll:
JJay51

Post by JJay51 »

Its the new format, i don't like this one, its hideous
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

No Phil - its not just you - a change for the worse in my books. I was happy with the orginal - but the biggest mess up is the loss of all pictures up to the change. Lots of time & effort went into putting together posts / ride reports for everyone's benefit - the included pictures was the backbone of the posts/ride reports - now gone.
Apparently they are trying to sort it out - until then i am not using up my time submitting any more posts/reports that include pictures.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

No, it's not just you!

I noticed the down turn in the number of users straight away after the software change, and it really hasn't got back to the usage it had before the change.

The new "look" and feel of the site has lost, in my opinion, a bit of feeling, if thats the right way to describe it. A bit sterile does sort of describe the latest look.

Just my tuppence worth - wandering back orf into the garage to fettle something :D

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Hi, I don't like the new format. It may work better on phones but on a laptop or i pad it looks bland and is somehow not as welcoming. There are also things that are reall annoying like the loss (unless it is hidden somewhere) of the my topics section which i found really useful.
There may be fewer people posting over the summer as we have all been out having fun on our bikes but I think the changes have been detrimental. A bit like brexit really :D
Tink

Post by Tink »

Yep this new format is absolutely crap, find it really difficult to use... Old one best👍
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

shite turn back time
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

I expect there where good reasons for the change, but the only thing I found a bugbear with the old Forum was the occasional Slowness, which would be more a hosting problem (I think)
Have to agree that the new Forum seems a bit Sterile and the expanse of White is horrible.
The web Home Page is unusable for me, I can't make the comment box work and it gives me an endless popup about signing up for some list
Either way, I am sure it was done with good intent and most will get used to it, but I did much prefer the old site.

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”