Help, rules, advice and announcements.
PHILinFRANCE

IS IT JUST ME

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Or is this forum dying a death :cry:
AdventureDisco

Re: IS IT JUST ME

Post by AdventureDisco »

Think it's just a bit fragmented with stuff all over the place!
Still useful, but not easy to find what you want.
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

Post rate has dropped off dramatically. A few months ago the 'recent topics' front page was full in 4 hours. The current 'active topics' page has a spread of 36 hours.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I was beginning to think that while the forum was offline everybody found somewhere else to hang out & hadn't told me!! :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

I think its in a transistion since the new format it might come good again

But it needs a few characters back like Moto Al, and a few of the the other heavy posters just to inject some discussion, love him or hate him he kept the topics he posted on active

I have met a few people on my travels lately who have said how quiet the forum is, but its up to all of us who visit the forum to make it busy by being more active
funny-hot-guy.gif
funny-hot-guy.gif (801.14 KiB) Viewed 3598 times
Its still a good forum with a lot of genuine and interesting people 8-)
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

Whilst being a relative newcomer I used to like the little box at the top that said who was currently on the forum and also the old software seemed much friendlier... you know pleasant to use and post on.... this software seems a bit sterile and harder to navigate round, less posts on the page so if you only get chance to log on every other day you can miss several topics..... just my 2 cents worth

Cheers
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

It has been highly noticeable since the software changed and the difficulty in members ability to get logged onto the "new" forum that there has been a dramatic loss of interaction. I had raised the issue previously but it was seemingly put down to waiting for members to log in again.
:roll:

Like any forum you cannot make people join but its ever so easy if somewhat accidently, to make them leave especially when upgrading the software and all the issues it causes in the background....
:o

In the olden days on other forums we used to send out an email to absent members reminding them we were still open and inviting them to visit.Im sure the mods will have forum stats of members numbers versus active members and posts per month which will back up any conclusions.
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Shidosan wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:50 pm Whilst being a relative newcomer I used to like the little box at the top that said who was currently on the forum and also the old software seemed much friendlier... you know pleasant to use and post on.... this software seems a bit sterile and harder to navigate round, less posts on the page so if you only get chance to log on every other day you can miss several topics..... just my 2 cents worth

Cheers
I think you have nailed it there Brian
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
geoham

Post by geoham »

I too had noticed that the post rate had dropped. I Don't see the usual suspects on as much as they used to be!

I liked the old format it was just a nightmare for trying to post pictures. Then again that could have just been me.

Good to see the next page box at the end of each of the pages is back. For a while you scrolled down reading the topics then had to scroll back up to the top of the page to move onto the next page!

Let's hope it's just a case of people getting used to the new format and they come back again :D

One other thing that's missing. It used to show how many posts each person had on the site each time they posted up something new.
Once again not a big deal but it's the small things like this that I liked on the old site.
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

Agree that the old format was cuddlier and it was different. The new format just looks like so many other forums.

Reduced post rate could just be because the threads are not very interesting - I had noticed it began to tail off before the format change.

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”