IS IT JUST ME

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
Brenhden

Re: IS IT JUST ME

Post by Brenhden »

The home page needs work with active topics being made somehow default. But the mobile friendliness is great and was much needed.

The improvements to uploads is also excellent with youtube vids now working straight off the link and stuff like that.

Also the notifications and inbox alerts are a huge improvement.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I was going to say not being able to "say thanks" is a big hindrance because it's like talking in a dark room; you don't know if anybody's listening, agrees or appreciates what your saying or doing. You need feedback.

Then I see it's been added now so :oops: and hurrah. I hope that makes a difference.

And let's not forget, this service is provided free to us with no obligation. Alan got off his proverbial to provide this forum out of nothing and is trying to improve it - probably at some cost. Perhaps some tolerance is in order. As far as I can see most issues raised have been dealt with, the one above being a case in point :D
Alun

Post by Alun »

Brenhden wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:57 am The home page needs work with active topics being made somehow default. But the mobile friendliness is great and was much needed.

The improvements to uploads is also excellent with youtube vids now working straight off the link and stuff like that.

Many thanks for your comments Brenhden. Active Topics is not a default but a quick and visual link has been added today to the black bar near the top of every page along with a 'View unanswered posts'. Both of these can also be viewed on mobile devices.

As you know, toggling between 'Board Index' and 'Active Topics' offers the same views as the old board.
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

Brenhden wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:57 am The home page needs work with active topics being made somehow default. But the mobile friendliness is great and was much needed.

The refresh was worthwhile in my opinion. However I agree with the home page needing the "Active Topics" as default. It used to be like this when first implemented IIRC. Otherwise I know it's "only" two clicks away (Ok, one now that there's a link in the black bar), but it's a waste of clicks and if the majority of people (?) want this page as default then it's worth it. I suppose I could just bookmark the "Active Topics" URL though.

Still some tidying up to be done I see with some of the links here.
Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 15.06.30.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 15.06.30.png (59.34 KiB) Viewed 2582 times
I've also just noticed that my signature links don't work and I still haven't heard about all the PMs that I lost in my account. Not the end of the world, but still.
Toe

Post by Toe »

The unfortunate reality for forums is that they do seem do be dying a bit of death at the moment. Especially with places like Reddit which is essentially a giant forum for anything you can imagine and view a subscribe to 'subreddits' with a single account. This just makes it so easy. I personally follow subs for each bike I have, bikes I want and general bike ones too and can flick between them with two clicks.

I think the update was worthwhile and will hopefully future proof the forum quite a bit as well though.

Just tested a signature with a link and it worked for me. Do you have the correct code for it?

Code: Select all

[url=Link]Title[/url]
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”