Why Photobucket images will no longer show

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
Bryn

Why Photobucket images will no longer show

Post by Bryn »

You'll notice that images that have been uploaded to Photobucket and embedded on here will no longer work, displaying this:
Photobucket.JPG
Photobucket.JPG (24.65 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
The reason being Photobucket have now decided to stop third party websites embedding their images unless the user pays a $400 yearly subscription fee. I'm sure you'll agree that's a bit steep, so if you have a Photobucket embed in your signature you'd be best to just delete it.

Now that it's so easy to add images to forum posts (simply drag and drop your image into the text box, then click place inline next to your attachment below) there shouldn't be much reason to use a third party image host, but if you find the need to there are plenty alternatives out there. In the past I've always used www.tinypic.com which is simple to use and allows you to resize images as you upload them.

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/1gkn69.jpg[/IMG]

^^ that was uploaded on Tiny Pic.

The Captcha verification can be a bit of a faff, but once you've sussed it, it's no problem.
VR_Rider

Re: Why Photobucket images will no longer show

Post by VR_Rider »

Thanks for the heads up, I have been wondering who to try now that photobucket has changed. :D
WIBO

Re: Why Photobucket images will no longer show

Post by WIBO »

If you use Google Chrome and install the extension listed below.

'Fix Embeded Photbucket' Images you can see PB pictures.

I have to follow the instructions on the RHS with Macbook with Cmd Shift and R to see them. Better than nothing. :)

ef.jpg
ef.jpg (37.84 KiB) Viewed 2476 times

:D
Will It Buff Out?

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”