New ABR Website and Forum

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
AirbusPaul

Re: New ABR Website and Forum

Post by AirbusPaul »

Dualthing wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:46 am I've been sent a new password, twice, neither of them work
Had to create a new username and password
Not good, what happened?
Took me a couple of password resets to get in but ok now........
Andi_Archer

Re: PM System

Post by Andi_Archer »

Sloth wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:37 pm Hi
I have sent a PM but it is still in outbox . do I have to do anything else to get it to send ?
Cheers
Some forum software show a PM in the outbox until its read by the recipient I dont know if this is the case here.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Other than the ABR website and the ABR forum now requiring separate login details, my only real criticism of the new site is that a lot of the text and images seem oversized. Its as though the browser is set to 150% or 175% zoom, which i'm sure my eyes will appreciate in another 20 years or so, but now it just means more scrolling and I find myself pushing the chair back as everything just seems too big.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
omeotdm

Post by omeotdm »

AlanHolt wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:18 am Other than the ABR website and the ABR forum now requiring separate login details, my only real criticism of the new site is that a lot of the text and images seem oversized. Its as though the browser is set to 150% or 175% zoom, which i'm sure my eyes will appreciate in another 20 years or so, but now it just means more scrolling and I find myself pushing the chair back as everything just seems too big.
I think its to suit phones etc so sizing is large for laptops, pc's
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

omeotdm wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:44 am
AlanHolt wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:18 am Other than the ABR website and the ABR forum now requiring separate login details, my only real criticism of the new site is that a lot of the text and images seem oversized. Its as though the browser is set to 150% or 175% zoom, which i'm sure my eyes will appreciate in another 20 years or so, but now it just means more scrolling and I find myself pushing the chair back as everything just seems too big.
I think its to suit phones etc so sizing is large for laptops, pc's
I found the old forum mobile friendly, but this does appear to be clearer on the phone. Anyway, it's done now.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
EarthWorm

Post by EarthWorm »

Text looks about the same size to me???
Only thing I would change if the option was there, would be a different (darker) theme, there is too much white for me,
No Biggie though.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
Alun

Post by Alun »

AlanHolt wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:18 am Other than the ABR website and the ABR forum now requiring separate login details

That's due to the new website being on Wordpress and the new forum on PHPBB. On the old site the forum and website were both Joomla and therefore integrated. We could have used a 'bridge' to mesh the login between the site and the forum but in the medium and long term it would have given us big problems.

The old site and forum were way overdue an upgrade and which path to take has been bugging me for the past couple of years. Speak to 5 experts and you get 248 different solutions and quotes that would induce a sweat in the Rothschilds household.

Anyway, the choice of Wordpress for the site and PHPBB for the forum was made on the basis of making the 'whole' more future proof and upgrades less disruptive. Here's hoping.
JJay51

Post by JJay51 »

Bryn wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:36 pm
JJay51 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:45 pm Is there a different skin option this one is pants!
Care to elaborate on why it's pants? All feedback is welcome
The theme is too light in colour, as said above there's no definition between the sections, the lines are to thin, can you at least get the dev's or whoever did it to add the option of a skin like most other forums, seriously it's that bad i'm finding i'm less likely to spend little more than i need to browsing a couple of recent topics before i end up logging off.
And whats with the page/sheet icon thingys next to each post what are they about? different ones but no idea what the actual difference is and again not really stand out graphics to make it easy to differentiate
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Hi, having managed to log in at first glance on a lap top the white background is a bit bright for me but I guess I'll get used to it. I did not use the forum on my phone before so I cannot comment. what I cannot find is the my topics section that used to be here. Is it still here but just somewhere else, or is it just me being thick?
Cheers Jak
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Jak* wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:31 am Hi, having managed to log in at first glance on a lap top the white background is a bit bright for me but I guess I'll get used to it. I did not use the forum on my phone before so I cannot comment. what I cannot find is the my topics section that used to be here. Is it still here but just somewhere else, or is it just me being thick?
Cheers Jak
I'm not sure about there being a specific 'my topics' section, I'll have to look when I'm back in the office, but there is a slightly more long winded way of seeing the threads you've started.

Next to the search button you'll see a cog for search settings. Click that, stick your username in author then across down and check the box so that you're only searching in first posts in the topic. Then hit search and you'll be given a list of your threads.

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”