So Moto Al got banned...

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
frenchy3

Re: So Moto Al got banned...

Post by frenchy3 »

I never say anything on an internet forum i would not be prepared to say to someone face to face. I also never consider any question stupid as we all started somewhere without any knowledge or mechanical skills.I thought we were here to entertain and inform each other :) If someone is genuinely being offensive and it,s not just a character clash or a case of sour grapes they do deserve to be removed from the forum but in this case i do not know what went on behind the scenes.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

That's a real shame, I liked a lot of his posts. I'm really not sure what he hoped to gain by putting that private message up though :(
one-legged adventurer
herman

Post by herman »

That is a shame, I like Al and will hopefully share a beer with him sometime again but it had become a bit inevitable unfortunately. I also don't know the whole story and don't do FB so bon chance Al.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Obviously I do t know the details here but I don't get something....

If somebody was sending me sulis offensive text messages on my phone I'd block them...then guess what..no more messages.

I had a stalker a few years ago...yes it does happen...and I just blocked her and left it at that.

Face to face abuse is a different matter but sticks and stones and all that.

Maybe there is more to this than I know but life is too short to worry about what others say...god knows I've had enough abuse on here.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I fear that Al shot himself in the foot as Vic Reeves used to say "you just wouldn't let it lie"
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
BigBashBonanza

Post by BigBashBonanza »

I never met Al but liked his stuff on here. He contributed a lot and no doubt other sites. He was a biker through and through and like all of us, it sounds like he got carried away with a bee in his bonnet and found it difficult to not have the last say (we've all been there at some point in our lives).....

He may not be banned, only blocked and therefore may find himself back on here again in a few weeks or months and I do hope so. I feel for the other party in this episode as it can't be nice, but it's life and some of us may get more frustrated than others. Al clearly had issues with words and written communication and maybe this was his way of having the last say in the augment.

It was wrong and I'm sure he knows it was and no doubt has learnt a lesson from it, and so should we.

Merry Christmas Al and to the rest of you (thumbs)
Look Large, Be Massive

Follow the Sapper
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

MR X wrote:So it was not just me he was hounding off site :ohmy:
Obviously not.

I've got to stress that even though he made it perfectly obvious that he detested me (we'd never met so I don't know why) it wasn't me that he was messaging and no matter how abusive he got on here I never even came close to reporting him.
micksea

Post by micksea »

hopefully he"ll be back sometime in the future with a clearer head and hopefully this forum won"t go the way of some others with never ending bickering and bans. (thumbs)
Bianchi

Post by Bianchi »

I just bumped into Al in Glasgow and he was in good spirits and on even better ones ..he was out doing some Christmas shopping and was just leaving the local Gun shop when I met him .. He was speaking about some of the members on the forum but was speaking a little fast and shouting so never really got what he was saying but I'am sure he was wishing everyone a merry Christmas

Cheers

Dave

Missing you already Al
Mul001

Post by Mul001 »

Bianchi wrote: the local Gun shop
:blink: :S :ohmy:

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”