Forum Manners

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
Tourist-Biker

Forum Manners

Post by Tourist-Biker »

Good manners cost you nothing !! So when did it become ok to comment on the For Sale & Wanted threads with unhelpful comments, I would have thought If you think something for sale is priced wrong or crap you would keep it to yourself. A good deal is when buyer and seller are happy ? if it's not for you why comment ?

I might be old fashioned but I try and treat others how I want to be treated (thumbs)
-Ralph-

Forum Manners

Post by -Ralph- »

Here here! And if you wouldn't say it face to face standing next to the person at a bar, don't say it hiding behind a keyboard on a forum. Remember it's a human being you are talking to not some faceless username and have some respect!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Nigel

Re: Forum Manners

Post by Nigel »

Totally agree if you have nothing helpful to say keep quiet
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

spot on ..i h8 it
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I don't send emails to sellers on eBay telling them they're asking too much so I don't comment on here about private sales but dealers prices or manufacturers list prices are another thing completely :)
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Sort of agree, but if you were ripped off by some unscrupulous person, would you be happy because everybody had been nice and polite?
interceptor

Post by interceptor »

Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you...

Its only the internet - its not real, don't let it get to you.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Oop North John wrote:Sort of agree, but if you were ripped off by some unscrupulous person, would you be happy because everybody had been nice and polite?
You'd only have yourself to blame, you set the asking price. Just because somebody sees a bargain and snaps it up does that make them unscrupulous?

If you've set the price too high, that's up to the buyer to check what they can buy it for elsewhere, and it's worth what they are prepared to pay for it. Doesn't make you unscrupulous either, you just have an inflated idea of what it's worth and unless somebody is happy to pay that it won't sell.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I totally agree with this. If you don't want to buy something for whatever reason keep it to yourself. If someone posts asking 'what's it worth?' then that's different.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Brenhden wrote:I totally agree with this. If you don't want to buy something for whatever reason keep it to yourself. If someone posts asking 'what's it worth?' then that's different.
I tried to give tyres away recently and failed miserably. Maybe I should have asked a stupidly high price and allowed myself to be negotiated down?

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”