Adding pics PAIN IN THE A**E

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
KtmRy

Adding pics PAIN IN THE A**E

Post by KtmRy »

Ever since the forum moved servers or whatever it did to "improve" it has been nothing but a pain in the ars to add/attach pictures/files, i know you can add them externally but thats awkward on my tablet which i mainly use so what exactly is the problem? i use firefox which was fine before the move, now nothing happens when attaching files so i got used to the ball ache of having to fire up internet explorer which takes ages then signing in to abr finding the thread all just to attach a pic, now that wont even work so is it something wrong with my pc or just a shitely setup forum now?

Cheers
zimtim

Re: Adding pics PAIN IN THE A**E

Post by zimtim »

I agree it has become a right royal pain, I even have trouble using Photobucket in that they sometime don't load. Also found that 2-3 is possibly the most I post at anyone time.

Actually have more success loading direct from my Windows phone.
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

if I put a picture on face book I can drag it into my gallery and it will post that picture no problem,but that is on a imac.i think its a sizing thing but I know a lot of people are not bothering with the site because of this.its shame it was a lot more interesting with pictures.think the site will lose a lot of members. :(
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

Yes very true as i don't come on here so much now due to this so you would think they would listen to people and get it sorted, i preferred the occasional slowness before it moved, that was bearable where as this is driving people away and its been like it from day 1 :(
cocker

Post by cocker »

must have took me 20 minutes to get 2 pictures up on here yesterday
cocker

Post by cocker »

must have took me 20 minutes to get 2 pictures up on here yesterday
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

Cocker it was replying to your thread where i thought i will give it another try hoping that it is resolved since me last trying and giving up but still the same so i gave up AGAIN and my post was useless without pics so i did not post at all, great way to run a forum ignoring the problem, i don't have this issue with any other forums at all so why is this one different from the other 20 or so i use
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

yep firefox or modzilla hasnt worked for a few years now :woohoo: ...internet explorer version 11 works fine :laugh: ...as does photobucket for me :whistle: ...

the reason a lot have problems is when folks do updates to their chosen browser [IT] causes issues with the ABR website....why I dont know...but have folks tried uploading pics to ADVrider or the HUB :evil: :woohoo: ... :P that is a right royal pain..

also large mexapixe photos dont work well...set your camera to 2 megapix as thats fine for web and home printing...see you dont need a 10megapix camera afterall :pinch:
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I have an old Olympus pocket camera which has excellent quality but picture size is only 450 kb. I also now have a fully waterproof Vivitar, but the picture size is 4.5 Mb !!--I downsize these using a pixel restriction before I transfer them--the quality is still good enough--and it makes transfers to e-mails and so on so much quicker. I put all my relevant pics on Photobucket and then just copy and paste the URL when I'm doing a post(to all forums)--and it works fine.
Grimetime

Post by Grimetime »

Particularly annoying when your trying to incorporate pics into a ride report when your on a tour.. People want to see and read what your doing as your doing it instead of when your back and able to spend time on photobucket just to link them all in :(
Doug Haywood

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”