Re: forum sucks on Android

Post by Sleepy »

I get this most times...
wp_ss_20150304_0001.png
wp_ss_20150304_0001.png (57.28 KiB) Viewed 2120 times
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

Ha ha but definitely the forum, its slow on every format and every transmission network.... :dry:
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

Tim Cullis wrote:This is definitely a server side issue, nothing to do with infrastructure or Tapatalk or the client device.
........ been saying that since the dawn of time.......it makes no difference. :whistle:

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

This is the first time I've seen the forum in a few days, just not been able to log on and I'm using Google Chrome, Windows 8.1... It seems to be a lot worse lately.
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
Mul001

Post by Mul001 »

-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Tim Cullis wrote:This is definitely a server side issue, nothing to do with infrastructure or Tapatalk or the client device
Yup, I agree.

I've not been visiting nearly as much lately. I try it, if it doesn't load I go do something else and come back a minute later. If it still hasn't loaded I abandon it.

When something becomes nigh on unusable, the only sure thing is people will stop using it.

I'd be happy to pay a membership fee. A free trial period of 90 days or something would get people using the site and seeing it's value, then after that if they like it and want to stay, they cough up. On XT660.com only paid up members can advertise items for sale.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

I'd be UNHAPPY to pay.

Its why I wont use UKGSer. I'm tired of paying out for everything, everywhere. I pay for TRF & subscribe to ABR Magazine, and wont pay for any websites. This forum is brilliant, but paying would be a bridge to far for me. Sorry :pinch:

Love it here, but needs sorted :(
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

If you subscribe to the magazine then no, you shouldn't have to pay. I wouldn't happy to pay magazine or TRF subscription type money for a website either, but a few quid a year, just like buying a beer and a packet of crisps, where you don't think twice about it. I don't claim to have all the answers but if every one (non magazine subscribers) put in a just a couple of quid, it would rent a dedicated physical server for the site to run on.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

PS: I don't subscribe to the magazine, my motorcycle interests are broader than travel, adventure bikes, etc, so it's nice to pick it up in WHSmith once in a while as a change of scenery, but I wouldn't enjoy a subscription.
siddhartha

Post by siddhartha »

I don't see the need to pay for a forum of this type. The sites advertises on behalf of others and that may be a revenue stream anyway.

As someone else mentioned - there are free forums available - but maybe not with all the features on this site.
There are some nice design features in this forum versus the others - so would prefer to see the performance issues fixed than migrate to something more basic.

As Tim Culls say, it probably just needs some dedicated care and attention from a suitable IT expert or upgrading capacity of the server.

PS - at the bottom it says the forum is "Powered by Kunena". This suggests the forum software is free but where it is hosted and the capacity of the server is another matter... http://www.kunena.org

You never see a motorcycle outside a psychiatrist's office - unfortunately this is not my own quote.

Tenere XT1200Z / Triumph Thunderbird

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”